Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

_org_uk Champagnes - no1 in Google

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hello,
I've had an enquiry about this one so I'm going to offer it again.

It's now no1 in Google, I'm looking for £800+.

Cheers,
Dave

Hi what terms is it ranking No1 for and how much traffic / revenue are you generating?

I see it's page 17 for "champagne"

Many thanks.

Hello,
it's now moved up to page 9 for "champagne" - so obviously o nthe move, and is behind only wikipedia for champagnes.

Made £5odd commission yesterday from a £65 sale.

I think it's only going to get better for the keyword "champagne" at which point it's going to earn a shedload of affiliate sales.

As someone who is obviously interested in generic domains, I'd like to hear the views of the OP as to how this domain relates to or is different from Champagne.co.uk, which was lost by Stephen Terence Jackson in a DRS case a few years ago.

http://www.nic.uk/digitalAssets/21836_champagne_appeal.pdf

Is there anything that indicates that this registration will not be considered abusive should it ever be subject to a DRS, as the holders of the rights to "Champagne" are obviously intent on litigation wrt anyone who infringes?

Regards

Ty

Hi Ty,
I think the drs you include is pretty clear - the champagne.co.uk was resolving to sites involved in the sale of goods other than champagne (in fact it wasn't selling champagne at all until the compalint), which they infer as trading off a name of which they have rights.

I think their concern is that any champagne related site should be involved in the sale of champagne only, wwhich mine is.

I'm also not convinced that they'd be able to win the trading off claim in court either.

I've had a conversation about something very similar with a friend who's a barrister and expert in this field in the past, and as he puts it you could stand on the street handing out flyers saying "get 10% off at McDonalds" with a map for the people to follow.

If when they get to the destination it is in fact a KFC, that is not trasding off, since when the person gets there they can clearly see its not a McDs and make the choice of whether they want to buy or not.

The problem arises if they follow the map and end up at McDougals burger bar.

So as my laymans interpretation of that, if you're promoting champagnes and the sale of champagnes, or even car insurance, then thats fine.

The problem would be if you were selling other kinds of wine that the visitor might confuse with champagne.

Thats my understanding of it anyway, but I stand to be corrected.

As someone who is obviously interested in generic domains, I'd like to hear the views of the OP as to how this domain relates to or is different from Champagne.co.uk, which was lost by Stephen Terence Jackson in a DRS case a few years ago.

http://www.nic.uk/digitalAssets/21836_champagne_appeal.pdf

Is there anything that indicates that this registration will not be considered abusive should it ever be subject to a DRS, as the holders of the rights to "Champagne" are obviously intent on litigation wrt anyone who infringes?

Regards

Ty

but he still hung onto these :D lol

* champagneimporters.net
* champagnesuppliers.com
* champagnesuppliers.net
* vintagechampagne.net
* casesofchampagne.co.uk
* champagneblancdeblanc.co.uk
* champagnebottlesize.co.uk
* champagnebrut.co.uk
* champagnecocktail.co.uk
* champagnedelivered.co.uk
* champagnedemisec.co.uk
* champagnegiftuk.co.uk
* champagnegrandcru.co.uk
* champagnerose.co.uk
* champagnewine.co.uk
* flowerchampagne.co.uk
* moetetchandonchampagne.co.uk
* prestigecuveechampagne.co.uk
* ukchampagnesupplier.co.uk
* champagneimporters.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members online

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom