Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Cheap domain registration?

Reaction score
With LCN’s latest £1 domain finished, are there any other registrars with any cheap deals?

Not suitable for anybody seeking to bulk buy domains, which I imagine is the case with your good self, but in case anybody is unaware 1and1.co.uk is completely free for the first year for .co.uk domain names and includes free privacy too. It's a good way to test a domain name if you need to.

You can turn off the auto-renew to make sure they don't start charging you in year 2 (when it is £9.99 a year).

I've found the likes of 123Reg and Godaddy to become increasingly expensive. But having searched for "cheap UK domain names" I've come across some providers that are significantly less pricey.

Pretty sure those registrars say the first year is free or a penny, but then reg for the 2 years and charge for the second year up front. ie. You pay £0.01 + £9.99 at the point of registration for 2 years.

Over the last couple of years there have regularly been registrars offering low cost domains, which must either be backed by Nominet, or are lose leaders.

Unfortunately the only ones that really can afford to sell at a loss are the providers you shouldn't touch with a barge pole. 123reg, godaddy etc.

Pretty sure those registrars say the first year is free or a penny, but then reg for the 2 years and charge for the second year up front. ie. You pay £0.01 + £9.99 at the point of registration for 2 years.

Yes we stayed well away from 1&1 since 2000 they charge you even if you dont have the domain with them worst company ever wasted time chasing refunds etc best stay as i hear they are still bad today...

I only want the free .co.uk domain and £4+VAT .uk domain =D

Not worth testing it for myself in case of the £9.99+VAT renewals

We've tried a test registration of a free domain name with 1&1 and they haven't charged us for any additional years.

There's a one click option to stop the auto-renewal, when you have start paying in Year 2.

Haven't checked, but I am sure you can transfer the domain name out. Otherwise it would violate Nominet's rules.

I agree that they are not the very best registrar based on our past experience with their customer service, but the others are not that much better and one can't complain too much when they are offering a free domain name + free domain name privacy.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom