20i Reseller Hosting

.co.uk v .uk

Discussion in 'Domain Research' started by cav, Sep 13, 2019 at 7:17 PM.

1. cav United Kingdom

cav Active Member

Dividends.co.uk v dividends.uk; I see the .co.uk went for roughly 4.5 times more than the .uk on DL.

Is this a fair reflection of the short and long term market value of .co.uk v.uk?

2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

articles.co.uk

3. Trauiner United Kingdom

Trauiner Active Member

It's pretty much impossible to value .uk domains at present, as it seems it's mainly domain resellers buying them.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Nigel United Kingdom

Nigel Well-Known Member Acorn Supporter

I think you need a number of comparative sales before drawing any conclusions. As the seller of the .uk I do think buyer got himself a nice name for a bargain price. I think I've had disappointing results on Friday afternoons in the past so that might be a factor - sun shining, and england starting to play well - at least we had a decent days cricket :)

5. JMI

JMI Active Member Acorn Supporter

Nice sales, but I was struggling to see any real use for them in the real world?

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. Trauiner United Kingdom

Trauiner Active Member

I guess you could create a website that lists all UK stocks that provide dividends and how much historically they've given etc.

Could see a new "uk personal investing" type of blogger (like monevator etc) using it to create a blog.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. LCHappy United Kingdom

LCHappy Member

Unfortunately that market is well and truly saturated. When you see the other sites out there you'll realise just how much cash etc you'd need to throw at it to even get a look in against established sites.

Not sure what this one could be used for

8. Trauiner United Kingdom

Trauiner Active Member

What it can be used for and how difficult it would be to rank are two different things.

9. JMI

JMI Active Member Acorn Supporter

Of course you 'could' do something with them, but come on, we all know they'll be on the scrapheap in a year - surely no one in their right mind would invest all that is required (lots of time+money) to make them some kind of success in this sector without owning the pair.

10. Trauiner United Kingdom

Trauiner Active Member

I'm confused. I'm guessing you know the buyer and that they didn't buy both? Plus, it's not mega money that was paid for these, only a couple of hundred pounds.

Or do you refer to the .com/.co.uk pair or something?

11. Katch!

Katch! Active Member Full Member

People buy all sorts of weird stuff. I thought this was a nice one. Perhaps an accountant etc. might want it. Who knows.