20i Reseller Hosting

companieshouse.co.uk Suspended

Discussion in 'The Bar' started by Sirbigman, Aug 28, 2019.

1. LCHappy United Kingdom

LCHappy Member

If you only knew of the people laughing at that statement right now. Like I said, it's not even the biggest value in the name. That's all I'm willing to share though.

2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

articles.co.uk

3. Trauiner United Kingdom

Trauiner Active Member

I don't care about the DA value or backlink value of this domain which I assume you refer to. The link authority of the domain is based on people linking to a government website and has the potential to cause serious problems in the hand of the wrong person.

Anyone looking to take advantage of this domain for whatever reason, are dishonest.

There's a reason why the domain is suspended and rightfully so.

If you and your buddies are laughing at people not wanting a domain like this in the wrong hands, then shame on you.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Hay

Hay Active Member Exclusive Member

For the record the domain is no longer suspended, GW has now been told he can keep the domain by Nominet, hilarious how he is using cloudflare nameservers though, maybe he is worried about a ddos on his own server due to amount of traffic and dns queries haha?!

5. martin-s United Kingdom

martin-s Well-Known Member

Nominet have a lot to answer for.

6. LCHappy United Kingdom

LCHappy Member

Well no wonder they caught it, everybody else was too moral to try and catch it themselves :rolleyes:

7. Hay

He probably used the time-delay dac!

8. RobM

RobM Retired Member

Probably hand registered :p

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. Trauiner United Kingdom

Trauiner Active Member

Morals are important.

From some quick research it seems to the domain has ended up in the exact hands of a person I said it would. The owner of this domain runs a loan company which used to charge up to 1,575% on loans, which has since become illegal due to how it preyed on vulnerable people.

It also seems the owner is a regular here on AcornDomains due to a recent blog post by the owner saying AcornDomains is a place for the the admins to screw over new people to the industry.

It seems like Nominet have made a mistake here and I hope that this is taken off the domain holders hands as soon as possible.

10. LCHappy United Kingdom

LCHappy Member

haha, you do realise that buying name at £6 and selling it for £200 is like a 3300% profit and many of us hope to sell names for much more than that? Little bit silly in my opinion bringing up that argument on here to show you have morals and others don't.

Perhaps you want to call Jeremy Corbyn and join up comrade.

11. Trauiner United Kingdom

Trauiner Active Member

Selling a domain and selling extremely inflated loans to vulnerable people who are so desperate for money, they have no choice but to accept those sorts of loans... are completely different and not even comparable.

It's starting to seem like you may be the owner of the domain.

All of that company owners blog posts tend to be him defending his extremely immoral businesses, him saying he doesn't care about morals and then pulling politics into it somewhere.

Only an immoral person would want ownership of this domain and as you seem to think it's okay to not have morals, it's a hard topic to engage in a meaningful conversation with you about.

There's not much more to say on this topic other than Nominet needs to protect people and get this domain suspended, so I'll drop of out this thread for now.

12. LCHappy United Kingdom

LCHappy Member

We all sell names where the available quantity of that item is one and people have very little choice to go elsewhere. You keep telling yourself they have choice that if it makes you sleep any easier.

How many times can you be wrong in one thread? I'm happy to admit that I booked to have catchers catch it for me, they happily took my money, I would have used it, and I'd happily buy it now if the price is right. So yes I do take a slight personal exception to your views and think those views are hypocritical.

Insulting 110% of the forum :p

13. Hay

I think this thread is heading in the wrong direction - maybe bringing it back on topic would be more beneficial to dominers.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Ben Thomas

Ben Thomas Well-Known Member Full Member

The only true value this domain held is within the domain community, no end user could own this for any purpose. The value and money making opportunity is that some of us are stupid enough to think it's worth something and that's why there were pre-bids on it. In reality, it's a domain nobody would want and it's one smart people would probably stay away from.

15. aZooZa

aZooZa Well-Known Member Exclusive Member

There's a lot of nonsense in this thread. If nobody has an inkling as to how this domain could be properly utilised then I'm aghast.

Hint for the non-cognoscenti: "Trevissome Park".

• Like Like x 2
  16. lazarus

lazarus Well-Known Member Exclusive Member

For any use, it is too risky in fear of un-winnable DRS.

17. Trauiner United Kingdom

Trauiner Active Member

The issue isn't how it can be utilised but rather the morals behind using such a domain and the risk associated.

You could never build a business on the domain. There is only the SEO value; if you can call it that.