Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Converting a html site into Wordpress

Paullas

Staff member
Reaction score
I have an old website in html (about 2200 pages) and looking for the quickest way to convert it into WordPress pages.

Any thoughts before i go digging.

thanks in advance

Paul

i will try this as well, i am looking at an AI script at the moment so once i find a good solution i will post here :)

I think it would probably need a coder to manually create something here - the structure of the existing site and the Wordpress template dictate what the migration process would be.

Why are you wanting to move it anyway? I'm doing most of my stuff in plain html \ css now as it's so much faster, secure and easier to manage.

I am assuming you are more concerned with moving the content across rather than the style/layout?

Getting the plain text page content Page for Page into the WordPress database should be easy enough. (Programmatically)
That is... If they all roughly follow a standardised page layout.

For example you could grab the <H1> for the WordPress page title and then some another TAG for your page content.

Then you can just design your WordPress site around it.

Feel free o PM me the address so I can take a look.

Last edited:
That HTML 2 Import plugin looks good.

Well I asked chatGPT4 out of interest 'what is the best way to convert a lot of html files to wordpress'. The answer was long and detailed with about 10 points but that seemed to be the main point.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom