Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Dan to hike commission rates

Reaction score
Dan to hike commission rates:

"As we work towards a unified platform, it’s important to align the disparate commission models currently in place. On February 1, 2023, the following commission structure will go into effect.

15% commission for domains sold that are pointed to nameservers at Dan, Afternic, or Uniregistry; regardless of where it sells on the network or through the landers directly.

25% commission for domains sold that are not pointed to nameservers at Dan, Afternic, or Uniregistry."

Ouch!

Yup - got my email today too :(

Was inevitable, but that doesn’t work for me - it could perhaps be justified if brokers were involved in every transaction, and if they actually vetted the buyers - but given the amount of timewasters i see many here dealing with, and the few ghosted transactions I’ve experienced, time to look at Flip / other options :)

I've just been hit by this. I missed the email and now they want 25% for a domain sale. They say I am contractually obliged to go forward with the sale. Anyone have any opinions.

I've just been hit by this. I missed the email and now they want 25% for a domain sale. They say I am contractually obliged to go forward with the sale. Anyone have any opinions.

That's the same contractual obligation that the 20 or so non payers I've had on dan.com over the years had with me. It's worthless, just tell them that sorry the domain name is no longer available if your unhappy. I believe the contract is between you and the buyer and the buyer is unlikely to do anything about it.

Obviously if you are happy with the sale you have no choice but to swallow the commission.

Yeah I stopped using Dan after the last SIX buyers chose to buy at the price and then disappeared. Seems Dan aren't too concerned about contracts/agreements/word.

Unless I am missing something, why not just list at Sedo with a Buy Now price and pay 10%?
It always works for me. I get you don't have the opportunity to negotiate with the prospective buyer but most buyers prefer a buy now as its clearer.

Unless I am missing something, why not just list at Sedo with a Buy Now price and pay 10%?
It always works for me. I get you don't have the opportunity to negotiate with the prospective buyer but most buyers prefer a buy now as its clearer.

There's only one problem with this: I really don't like Sedo. I've tried, but the outdated control panel, really slow payments, and poor customer service, means I'd rather pay Dan an extra 5%.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom