Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Dodgy link in email

Discussion in 'Domain Name Scams' started by Systreg, Mar 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Systreg

Systreg Well-Known Member

Just a heads up to anyone who may have received an email supposedly from me, if you received it, don't click on any links that were in the email, I'm sure you don't anyway, I've PM'd some of those who it was sent to in the recipients list.

I was just checking my emails when I saw an email in my spam folder received from one of my old email addresses, which was:

reg free donations AT yahoo - co - uk

The email appears to have been sent from me as "Kev", I checked the IP address of the sender in the header of the email and it was sent from:

IP 78.185.64.199 - Turk Telekom - Istanbul - Turkey

I've logged in to the email account that it came from, I've deleted all emails in the entire account, changed the password and then deactivated the account (now pending deletion).

2. newguy United Kingdom

newguy Well-Known Member

For whatever reason, yahoo mail seems to be a favourite for things like this to happen. Probably time I deleted my old account there too!

3. Systreg

Systreg Well-Known Member

Yeah, I get this type of email regularly from Yahoo accounts mostly, normally I would just delete anything in the spam folder, but saw it was from my name so had a look.

If anyone wants to permanently delete their old unused Yahoo accounts, you can do so via this Yahoo account termination page, see here for the link to login and do so:

http://help.yahoo.com/kb/index?locale=en_US&y=PROD_ACCT&page=content&id=SLN2044

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.