Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Does nominet drs service usually go against domainers?

Reaction score
In relation to domain disputes, where a complainant is a small business against a domainer who holds multiple domains, would nominet usually favour the small business?

I notice on the DRS page it specifies an abusive registration as “The domain name was registered with the primary purpose of selling or renting it specifically to the Complainant (or a competitor) for more than the Respondent paid for it.“

Therefore, if anyone registers a domain name which has the common name of any existing business or buys one on the secondary market an investment with the intention possibly to sell at a profit, then they could potentially lose this domain due to a drs from a small business with that same name that could potentially have a use for the domain themselves?

I think as long as you prove it is a suitable domain for many potential buyers, not just one then you are fine.

Selling for profit is fine.

I recently had my first DRS where I had offered the domain to the complainant and the guy who did the DRS was more than fair, don’t think having several domains or trying to sell for profit went against me at all

If there are several/many potential buyers then probably nothing to worry about with DRS. Unless, you have offered the domain to anyone with obvious rights to the name, or acted in a way that might adversely affect them.

Allegations or response under DRS policy need to be supported by evidence. Simply quoting DRS policy and saying it applies in this case, is not enough.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members online

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom