Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Domain "Slammer" Making Millions in Oz

Acorn Newsbot

Reaction score
A company accused of the domain slamming scam made over $5 million over three years tricking companies into buying domains they didn’t need, it has been alleged. Consumer Affairs Victoria, an Australian state government watchdog, has reportedly taken Domain Register Pty Ltd to court, claiming tens of thousands of people had been conned by fake…

Continue reading...

Completely agree.

Interesting though that the 'bogus invoice' they link to doesn't actually seem too bad - in that it says 'domain name available' and doesn't talk about renewal at all. Based on that I wouldn't be too confident of the outcome. Maybe there were letters attached or something, the article seems to suggest it was worse

The ones I get are far worse - i.e. look much more like actual renewal notices.

All the spam I get from DROA (maybe these people) contain the text that it is a 'solicitation' and not an invoice. It just looks like an invoice and is designed to scare people into paying them for 'renewal'. I don't know if the solicitiation thing stops them getting done in court but, to be honest, if it was near here I'd wait for them outside and give them a jolly good talking to. :p

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
URL Shortener
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom