Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Domain whois lookup

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
What does everyone use for domain whois data and what features do you look for? My criteria was captcha annoyance free and one that includes .uk, I use my own site https://dwhois.net/ (blatant plug...) - does this compare favourably with what you use? Do you have any suggestions for improvement, I know theres not much to a whois...

I open a terminal and type "whois domain.com", gives me everything I need. I think adding some colour to the titles to help draw my eye to the main information would help, but it's not something I'm desperate for.

I use drop.co.uk`s bulk whois, it shows pretty much everything I need to know, TAG, drop date, status, registrant and you can export the list.

For bulk I also wrote my own, only I run it on my delay dac, with an option box to load via whois if I want the registrant name.

For one offs, I installed the whois tool from microsoft essentials (I think its called) so I can also type whois domain.ext into the command window I keep open, like Dave.

I keep meaning to build an email option, so I can load 100-1000 names, leave it processing then email myself the results once completed but low on my list.

Normally use whois.com, mainly because I used it years ago and its the first thing that comes up when typing whois into my address bar lol.

I scrounged one from somewhere, works well, and can bulk check 5,000 per rolling 24 hours which is handy.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom