20i Reseller Hosting

Domain whois lookup

Discussion in 'WHOIS ?' started by Admin, Jun 23, 2017.

1. Admin

Admin Administrator Staff Member

What does everyone use for domain whois data and what features do you look for? My criteria was captcha annoyance free and one that includes .uk, I use my own site https://dwhois.net/ (blatant plug...) - does this compare favourably with what you use? Do you have any suggestions for improvement, I know theres not much to a whois...

• Like Like x 1
  2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

articles.co.uk

3. davedevelopment

davedevelopment Well-Known Member

I open a terminal and type "whois domain.com", gives me everything I need. I think adding some colour to the titles to help draw my eye to the main information would help, but it's not something I'm desperate for.

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. vu4kata

vu4kata Active Member

I use drop.co.uk`s bulk whois, it shows pretty much everything I need to know, TAG, drop date, status, registrant and you can export the list.

5. Skinner

Skinner Well-Known Member

For bulk I also wrote my own, only I run it on my delay dac, with an option box to load via whois if I want the registrant name.

For one offs, I installed the whois tool from microsoft essentials (I think its called) so I can also type whois domain.ext into the command window I keep open, like Dave.

I keep meaning to build an email option, so I can load 100-1000 names, leave it processing then email myself the results once completed but low on my list.

• Useful Useful x 1
  6. Edwin

Edwin Well-Known Member Exclusive Member

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. Adam H

Adam H Well-Known Member Exclusive Member

Normally use whois.com, mainly because I used it years ago and its the first thing that comes up when typing whois into my address bar lol.

8. ian

ian Well-Known Member

I scrounged one from somewhere, works well, and can bulk check 5,000 per rolling 24 hours which is handy.

9. Skinner

Skinner Well-Known Member

Domain Name Analyzer Pro is the one I use for my tracking droplists, used it for about 4 yrs now :)