Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Domainmonster

Discussion in 'General Board' started by donreeco, Jun 14, 2018.

1. donreeco United Kingdom

donreeco Active Member

Does anyone know what’s going on with Domainmonster? Opened 2 support requests 2 days ago, tried phoning a few times, tried email and no response to anything.

I desperately need to move a .com but they have turned Whois privacy on on everything without my permission and it’s preventing me transferring it.

I have lost all faith in them and I want to move all my domains away from them ASAP

Any suggestions on how I can transfer the .coms without them?

Thanks

2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

IWA Meetup

3. Kaleido

Kaleido Active Member

I'm currently transferring a .com from DomainMonster and they provided me with an EPP code eight hours after I requested it via email. Have you tried contacting them via Facebook? I've had success that way in the past.

DomainMonster used to be outstanding, so it's a real shame to see its decline. I'm shifting out my entire portfolio and it's like bidding farewell to a good friend :-(

Last edited: Jun 15, 2018
  4. Lovekraft United Kingdom

Lovekraft Well-Known Member

The WHOIS privacy was turned on across the board as a result of GDPR coming into force on 25th May.

Last time I had services with DomainMonster, when I tried calling their support, I would be stuck in a never ending queue and it would eventually just disconnect. They moved most of their services to their sister company 123-Reg a while back which I think left them with a skeleton team. One time when my email had been down for a week i was told they would have to wait for "John" to come back from his holiday to look at the issue.... not the service you would expect from a large registrar.

They were once upon a time actually quite good but they very rapidly started to go downhill a while back.