Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

domains Sale Wesbite

Status
Not open for further replies.
I created a wordpress version of assetdomains.co.uk for a member on here.
I've been toying with the idea of listing a version for sale if there's any interest in me doing this drop me a PM

Hi all.

Do you list your domains for sale on your website with prices/offers or have individual landing pages with buy now/offer buttons.

If anyone is willing to share your site (in thread or pm) as im in 2 minds whether to do a site with all or individual.

Thanks in advance.

I do both, basic landing page that links through to the for sale page on my site.

This is free Paul, not used it myself but might be a decent basis to build on: http://www.dnsportfolio.com/

Grant

Cheers grant, i have a solution im working on just unsure best way to go about it as i just want rid of the domains now so a simple cart buy now sort of thing.

no, ive been busy on other things.

Well when you get around to producing the "wesbite" please be sure to let us know. Also be sure to let us know what you're busy doing otherwise in SF's "What is everyone up to {insert period of time}" thread.

I quite like the look of this: http://domainmanage.co.uk/example/

I suppose the question is - do you want to have pretty website that's functionally useless, or simple clean website that sells domains, is lighting fast and is easy for end users to navigate..

i use cPanel and put a simple 'contact us' template into the /skel folder.

when i add a domain to my control panel it automaticaly puts up a contact us holding page - nothing more to do.

Cheers for the replies im working on something so hopefully brings in more sales as it dead at the moment.

I have a script I was working on for tag holders looking to sell their cheapest domains which would automate the entire process for anything fixed price, for example, user hits 'buy now' and enters their details and completes payment of say £50 via Paypal, the script will automatically fire off the necessary EPP commands to automate the domain transfer. Has a pretty interface too.

Is this something anyone else is interested in? I have asked before but got no replies. :\

Pm me detail with costs dave if thats ok would interesting to see.

Like I said it was just something I was working on, never actually got around to finishing as I got put off by not getting many responses, and the few I asked in private said they wouldn't need it. I'm doubting if there is enough of a market to warrant the time to make this script..

Ive got a great guy on here doing my coding on my new website it will check what names are on my tag add them to my new site list them for sale i just then have to go in a price them and add to catogory it will also check again against my tag to see if any names have been removed and remove them from my website all automated it will also display on each page an api which will tell potential buyers about the domain in more detail.

Ive got a great guy on here doing my coding on my new website it will check what names are on my tag add them to my new site list them for sale i just then have to go in a price them and add to catogory it will also check again against my tag to see if any names have been removed and remove them from my website all automated it will also display on each page an api which will tell potential buyers about the domain in more detail.

Maybe you could also get the person to code you something to teach you how to structure sentences. :)

In my opinion doing all of this is unlikely to increase your number of actual sales but I'd genuinely be pleased for you if you find that it does. In my opinion potential domain name purchasers are more likely to type in or WHOIS the domain names they may potentially be interested in first and are much less likely to want to trawl long lists of examples published by domain name investors.

Good luck with it and be sure to let us all know here how your forthcoming solution affects your sales.

(from iPhone)

In my opinion doing all of this is unlikely to increase your number of actual sales but I'd genuinely be pleased for you if you find that it does. In my opinion potential domain name purchasers are more likely to type in or WHOIS the domain names they may potentially be interested in first and are much less likely to want to trawl long lists of examples published by domain name investors.

I suspect (but have no proof) that that would largely depend on the quality of a domain.

If I've been looking for something very high end, I've picked the domain(s) that I'm interested in first, then tried to find out who owns them, and how to contact them.

I've I'm just looking for some random not particularly good domain to develop, then Sedo, Buydomains or portfolio listings are as good a place to start looking as any.

I suspect (but have no proof) that that would largely depend on the quality of a domain.

(Snip)

I've I'm just looking for some random not particularly good domain to develop, then Sedo, Buydomains or portfolio listings are as good a place to start looking as any.

I agree with you and consider known marketplaces as potentially useful for domain names of perceived lower quality and "gems". However I also feel that small domain name investor portfolio overview web sites are likely to receive a very limited numbers of eyeballs in comparison to the likes of Sedo, making them almost irrelevant.

"if you build they shall come" anyone know the film for 10 points?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom