Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Domains with link profiles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guessing they'd get a refund if someone else registers before them?

Interesting point. I guess it won't happen very often, but we can build in a pre-reveal checker and apply goodwill to anything else.

Why not auction them? Let people see all the stats, then people can bid to get the name of it.

How about registering the best 5 FTR domains you have Martin and posting them?

Then we can actually see what kind of quality to expect.

Murray, if you don't have anything constructive to add then please go do one mate.

Murray, if you don't have anything constructive to add then please go do one mate.

Everything I've said has been constructive and rational.

You say you know some great domains FTR, but you wont even register a few to provide a small sample of quality? what is the harm, it's only a few quid :neutral:

You've already said you're not interested, so how about you make way for anyone else who is.

I don't feel any pressure to impress you :)

Everything I've said has been constructive and rational.

You say you know some great domains FTR, but you wont even register a few to provide a small sample of quality? what is the harm, it's only a few quid :neutral:

Got to agree with Murray here, IMO he's only trying to help! If you did reg a few and resell on here with "More available on my new site xxxxxx.co.uk" surely that would gain some interest/momentum and stand you in good stead for getting a lot more business?
Obv its your idea/business so just ideas here.

If you did reg a few and resell on here with "More available on my new site xxxxxx.co.uk" surely that would gain some interest/momentum and stand you in good stead for getting a lot more business?

I'm not ready to do anything with this yet, that's why I posted this thread - to see if there was enough interest to line it up as the next project.

Appreciate that it's always easier to have an opinion of something that exists, but you've got to do a bit of research in business, right? :D

Murray has already said that he's got no interest as there's no way anyone else can find something he hasn't already ruled out. He hasn't responded seriously to say what might change his mind other than "proof".

That's as constructive as it got so far from what I can tell!

The most constructive advice possible is as follows

Register them, sell them.

the end.

All your excuses are waffle and caz is right, complete waste of time.

I wasn't asking for your advice on how I could do things differently. I was asking for your feedback on whether or not this was, or could be, of interest to you.

It's a waste of YOUR time because you're not interested. But you could have prevented that by just butting out when you'd decided it wouldn't work for you.

Caz was one of the people who PM'd me saying they may be interested in buying the names.

I'm sorry if not making the whole thing happen yesterday makes it any less valid for people!

Might be better to close this thread if possible Admin. I don't think it's going anywhere productive any longer!

As I've just replied to a pm, I do believe he has some great domains to sell, be it registered or not, but the thread is a complete mess.

My offer to buy 3 or 4 at at least £50 each had a reply of, thanks I will let you know when I have got more interest.

Which is why I now think this is a complete waste of time thread.

A few quick searches of expired domains over the last 90 days, brings up lots of these, so I guess I will just register my own.

I understand martin was probably trying to weigh up the demand before he trawls the domains.

I'm guessing like any data gathering, that the odd gem does show up, but the time and effort equation doesn't really add up.

Cheaper to just join the dozens of US sites that offer such services and lists.

In a Duncan Bannatyne voice ' I'm out'

ADDED

I did try and pm you Martin after your nice pm saying I had just replied in the thread, thank you for that, but your pm box is full.

A couple of hundred pounds is a fortune to me, but your thread caught me just as a domain sold, and with a few new web sites these domains could have helped I thought.

But the time delay kills it, people think oh well I can probably do this myself and spend the money on bills lol

As with anyone on any venture though, best of luck with everything.

Last edited:
Thanks for the heads-up Caz, I've had a spring clean now :)

Just to be clear on the "trawling", we've got a batch of logs with hundreds of FTR domains of varying backlink value already put aside as a result of the work we were doing on another project.

As I explained to Caz though, they're not in anything like a shareable format. Yet.

Anyway, /close :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom