Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

DomCollect Sued along with 1&1 for HiJacking Domains MY UPDATE!

Discussion in 'Domain Name Scams' started by newly listed!, Aug 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. newly listed!

newly listed! Active Member

Hi Scoot!

Yes the settlement was on the basis that i sign an 'agreement' of which was a hush/gagging order too and threw away my rights with them forever literally and twisted the situation in their favour. Then no response for the defence by the deadline as given. Also as the case files where served out of the UK instead of the usual 14 day deadline to 'file a defence' we gave them 30 days to cover our own back for any 'distance regulations' and they still failed to reply so all deemed automatic judgments. I dont think they wanted to explain their company operations/actions in court to be honest as it would drag allkinds up in all honesty.

I am just currently looking at the best method for posting it up as full scans of the document and as a pdf file without rushing into it if you get me..

Thanks to user Wizard on here, he also now informs me that the story has also now hit the news too!

So i cannot wait to provide you all with the copy of the 'gagging order' to see your responses and have your feedback on the situation!

As always, thank you everyone for your support!

2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

IWA Meetup

3. mojoco United Kingdom

mojoco Well-Known Member

Do you have a link to the news article ?

4. newly listed!

Hi Mojoco..

Yes, here is the direct link to the report:

http://domaingang.com/domain-news/domcollect-lawsuit-on-domain-hijacking-gagging-order-revoked/

Their website is having server issues today for some reason but luckily google have already cached the page here at at following link where you can read it.. Also the google cache can take quite a few mins to load but it will eventually if it is running slow:

http://webcache.googleusercontent.c...ed/&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=uk&client=firefox-a

Last edited: Aug 25, 2012
  5. bulkcorn

bulkcorn Active Member

^^^ Links load quick and easy!

Last edited: Aug 25, 2012
  6. newly listed!

Thanks, good to know! Must have been my internet provider being useless again.

7. Pred United Kingdom

Pred Well-Known Member

are you watching sedo?
    http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/4505064/Bailiffs-in-raid-on-bank-HQ.html

bailiffs are scum but this made me smile ;)
    just shows how much power bailiffs have
    even if barclays called police, which i'm sure they did,
    police will go along with it as most of time they don't understand one iota of the law, apart from prosecuting of course and will assume bailiffs are right

I see barclays froze amount and served court action, no doubt they will get a new judge sympathetic to banks on appeal, they always seem to find one

8. sdsinc Iceland

sdsinc Active Member

Where can we see the relevant court documents ?

9. CatchDrop

CatchDrop Active Member

Waiting for them to be uploaded I think!

10. newly listed!

Mr Pred, Yet again you find a helping hand in a matter, you never fail to impress! Excellent find that and it's a perfect example of what you can do about issues with companies. I owe you a few scoops one day! :cool:

11. newly listed!

Yes, i am really sorry about the delayed wait, my apologies!

It wont be long until we post a link for all readers/watchers to be able to reach them at, of which will also include a full un-edited scan of the full 'gagging order'.

We are just editing out our personal details from all of the 3 court case evidence/support files so that i don't give out all of my private information as we are expecting it to spread everywhere quite quickly when it goes public with the necessary documents attached sometime this week.

I am sure that you all understand how much interest this report is gaining so i just want to be sure that my private information is fully censored firstly and that we compile everything in a understandable manner for all with notes attached within each step of the files as brief summaries as the files that are being provided are also quite sensitive in nature and contain sensitive information.

Thank you all and hope you all had a cool bank hol!

Last edited: Aug 27, 2012
  12. mojoco United Kingdom

mojoco Well-Known Member

It would be great if you could simply put a black marker through the sensitive information, scan the documents and publish them for us to see.

13. javsta

javsta Member

I second this. This is a facinating yet very worrying story. Thanks for posting about this. ;) Duly bookmarked this page .

14. bulkcorn

bulkcorn Active Member

Wonder why not a lot people love the banks anymore ... still racking my brains to figure it out :rolleyes::rolleyes:. She was only taking back her own pound of flesh as the bank would have shown her no mercy if the she was the one owing them £95k. The banks are merciless when it comes to money you owe them!

15. mojoco United Kingdom

mojoco Well-Known Member

Will you be posting a link so that we can see the documents ?

16. newly listed!

Hi all, sorry for the delay.. as you are aware court procedures take longer than planned and i have not released the copy of the official 'gagging order' yet until i get my full payment through.. but will do shortly after. This is in my best interests as you would be understandably aware of..

As a similar update.. there has been another proven hijacking court case.. the claimant is a USA domain owner who suffered a domain name reverse hijacking by the actual city of paris! he has won $100k in default judgment with no defence possible.. he is getting his cash shortly: http://domainnamewire.com/2012/09/1...o-pay-100k-for-reverse-domain-name-hijacking/

Dont hold back if you are also a victim!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.