Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Finding Stuff at Car Boot Sales to Sell On

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, when i was only 11 i bought a box full of toy cars for a £1. I knew some of them were pretty collectable even then. The next week, at the same car boot sale i was selling them for a few quid each, they were flying off. I made more than my mum did that day! The difference it makes just setting them out individually instead of lumping them all in a box.

And just this month i bought a disklok for £4 and got £20 for it on ebay, having bought one recently i knew i could make a profit on it.

I do this with old film cameras and lenses......tend to buy kits of cameras that I know are collectible and then sell lenses and bodies individually

A small profit but still a profit

It used to be great back in the day, I used to buy vinyl, computer consoles and books and flip them on ebay for nice cash. Problem is two-fold in my view - sellers are more aware of what is valuable thanks to antique programs and smartphones and buyers can quickly check prices as well. So you no longer have to have any 'knowledge' as such, just have to be the first there.

It's not worth the bun fight anymore in my opinion, it's easier to make moneny online.

It used to be great back in the day, I used to buy vinyl, computer consoles and books and flip them on ebay for nice cash. Problem is two-fold in my view - sellers are more aware of what is valuable thanks to antique programs and smartphones and buyers can quickly check prices as well. So you no longer have to have any 'knowledge' as such, just have to be the first there.

It's not worth the bun fight anymore in my opinion, it's easier to make moneny online.

To get the best buys these days, be prepared to "help" car booters unload their cars :)

The amount of times i hear from a carboot seller "these sell for over £100 on ebay mate" Go sell it on ebay then.

The amount of times i hear from a carboot seller "these sell for over £100 on ebay mate" Go sell it on ebay then.

I say this as I know the value of the items I am selling when I go to a car boot, I take some other items that I know that I can sell online and will usually sell up to 20-25% below the price I'd get on eBay so i dont have the hassle of listing it, posting it and all the fees.

So if there is something you want, and they say that, factor in that cost in time and money and if they are not a total fool you should get it cheaper than eBay cost and no postage to pay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom