Discussion in 'Domain Name Auctions' started by jasman, Jul 11, 2019.
wonder if same person who was taking site down. The no happened very quickly. Could have been .
Maybe the winner wanted to pay via PayPal?
Wonder if it will be re listed on dl?
I can't see this message there now, so maybe the sale has gone through?
still on same tag, maybe it was a disagreement about payment method and who pays fees
Fees? What fees? You mean the Nominet tag change fee? Would be hilarious if that caused a disagreement at this sale price...
Probably escrow fees for that amount...?
Think you'll find its DL fees:
"Please note, there is a 10% sellers fee (of the final sale amount) for all .uk RoR auctions with pre-bids and 5% seller fee for .uk domains approved to Spotlight section. The seller fee is in additon to any listing fees (applicable if auction is started with the starting/reserve price higher than £50). These terms are also displayed and require seller's explicit confirmation before any /domain/.uk auction can be started."
But it's already agreed, so there I no argument. It's a seller fee.
What was the fee for vps?
Yeah I meant escrow since it's such a large amount
I'm not going to lie, this is the first I've heard or seen of this
When you've been using a platform for so long and you always get the same pop-up before auction, you wrongly presume it hasn't changed so there's no point in reading it
An email would have been nice explaining the extra fees
I would have thought harder about listing anything had I been aware
Noticed that when looking at the original auction it now says 'This sale was not completed' and the name is still on the seller's tag. https://domainlore.uk/gay.uk All a bit disappointing for everyone concerned.
Yes, someone stated that before and I assumed that maybe it was a temporary holdup. It looks like the sale fell through though. I did tell the second highest bidder about it but I'm not sure that anything came of that either. A bit disappointing all round then.
I was the seller of gay.uk and wanted to wait until the sale had been resolved one way or another before commenting here.
After the auction finished, I emailed the winner (Tom Goolnik) to arrange the transaction. The day after the auction he replied and claimed that his maximum bid had been £10250 and some kind of error had occured. I found that hard to believe - computers don't alter user input - but I contacted Denys who runs Domainlore and told him what had happened. Denys looked into Domainlore's logs and revealed the following:
Tom had spent last 20 minutes of the auction refreshing the auction page every few seconds and watching how the bidding was evolving (with his auto-bids increasing from 10k towards 20k) instead of urgently contacting Domainlore customer support to revoke his incorrectly entered bid (if he didn't know how to do it himself right there in the bidding form, which was also displaying his maximum proxy bid amount of over £21000 all that time).
When the auction finished Tom shared a link to the auction with someone over WhatsApp.
As mentioned before, it wasn't until the day after the auction when he emailed me to say some kind of mistake had occured.
Since then, I have been in discussions with various people about the domain and I am pleased to report it has now been sold to one of the underbidders in the auction. As this is a private sale, I won't reveal the price but I am happy with it. Needless to say, Tom Goolnik has been banned from Domainlore.
Thanks for the write up. It's a shame it was such an ordeal getting to this point, but I'm pleased you eventually got a price you were pleased with
Separate names with a comma.