Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Happy New Year From A Rainy North Wales

Status
Not open for further replies.
So you're facing a potential £10,000+ renewal bill, unless you can get a better rate (I have forgotten what the actual registry to registrar wholesale price of .wales/.cymru is). Are you looking to invest outside of this extension? :)

Hi, Yes thats what I paid first time round although have only just had time to look at all this so they have just sat there doing nothing. Now I am aware that there are other options I will look in to them obviously if it does the same thing but cheaper then I would be silly not to.

As for other extensions, really not sure, I believe in .wales because I live here and know how much wales means to everyone, thats not to say they will pay for it obviously, but yes reflecting that you are a part of wales rather then .co.uk or .com is indeed a nice idea and with the fact that .wales is a whole word rather then yes to me it makes sense, will I regret this gamble well ask me in a couple of years!!

(I notice your post count is still zero despite having posted severals times).

Posts in introductions don't add to post count.

Thought you would've known that :p

Not to worry if I dont get my post count I have learnt stuff and got to know people which is fab seeing as I didnt think anyone would reply so thanks to those that have

Yes just had a look its £10.99 per year with options up to 10 years but even then its still £109.90 so yes no discounts however you do it with them

Good old Nominet haven't figured out what a scaling discount is yet!

Welcome to Acorn; think you are brave taking on this extension; do they even have the Internet in Wales? :D

If you do renew for 10 years though at least that's 9 years they can't screw you with their inevitable no reason price rises.

Good old Nominet haven't figured out what a scaling discount is yet!

Nothing to do with Nominet. That £10.99 price is from a registrar, not the wholesale from the registry to a registrar. Registrars are free to set their pricing as they wish including as you describe.

I've just copied these from your website:

masturbate.wales
masturbation.wales

A curious way of spending your money, if I may say.

I've just copied these from your website:

masturbate.wales
masturbation.wales

A curious way of spending your money, if I may say.

I was looking through the list and thinking the same thing. Domains like [town].wales for example I can see there being a (possible) commercial value to but a lot of them just don't seem to suit the extension.

Thanks both for your comments, I did say earlier that they werent all for sale but just a listing online, various names will have different uses including advertising etc etc. Had I realised the comments would go this way then I would have done a for sale listing, thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom