Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

How do you rate someones experience/credibility/reputation in SEO?

Discussion in 'SEO Search Engine Optimisation' started by addz123, Jun 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blossom

Blossom Well-Known Member

If you're living in magical unicorn rainbow fairyland. You're never going to rank highly in a competitive niche because everyone else is in exactly the same position. That's why link building and PR happen.

:rolleyes:

2. monaghan United Kingdom

monaghan Well-Known Member

The problem is that all the time search engines can be manipulated people will tweak their sites to "assist" the search engine algorithms in finding the correct ranking for their site.

Call it turd painting, or SEO, but while others can artificially put their junk site above yours then there will be a demand to do something to combat it.

3. namealot United Kingdom

namealot Well-Known Member

I don't..? But I have often wondered where seo's came from thanks for enlightening me? I suppose they come here to paint turds as a penance or maybe unicorn feed is expensive… ;)

4. Murray

Murray Well-Known Member

I agree with what you're saying but I don't think you put it across as succinctly as possible.

I think they way you typed your post it looked like you were saying "build it and they will come" which obviously sadly isn't the case.

Your site and the content is the most important thing you're right, optimizing it for search engines is usually the easy part.

I think the typical "SEO" tactics are dying a death, old school link building is making way for content marketing.

Helps now with google local and social media there are different avenues for traffic & promotion now too.

5. Blossom

Blossom Well-Known Member

I can't speak for anyone else, but I personally post on here to try and help people and to get involved in interesting debates (as well as buying domain names). I don't have a hidden agenda. I'm interested in SEO, and I work on my own sites.

6. namealot United Kingdom

namealot Well-Known Member

Consider existing business (which many sites are?) recommendation. existing clients etc standard business practice listing, worrying about "g" etc is not even in the game? new are different true but no clients, repeat custom, loyalty etc starting completely from scratch just launching straight online is why a high % fail ?

Last edited: Jun 27, 2013
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.