Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

How many do you run?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats quite a list Mate, do you get decent amount of monthly visits on each of them?

No, some of the sites don't get any visits a month. It's frustrating, but you can't really manually promote this many sites. I focus on just a few of them. However, one good thing about have a large number of sites is that the whims of Google get evened out a bit, as whilst some seem to get dropped randomly, others suddenly get picked up, there's no telling which ones.

For any new starters, I would recommend around five sites, maybe a maximum of ten, just to test niches, but then drop down and focus heavily on link building for the ones that are working.

Rgds

A few months ago I went into WHM and terminated about 40 accounts.

I now focus on:

ShortTermLoans.net - Makes a bit of money but I need to get it up the search engines, I'm working on the SEO and writing content at the moment.

WebDesignSussex.co.uk - Again, I have a few clients but need get more, I have harvested a lot of local email addresses but yet to contact them.

I'm tired of this whole game :D I used to think the internet was brilliant, now it gives me more of a headache than a smile.

I have about 15 developed sites.

The boring ones make most money, the ones I enjoy working on make little money. Slightly annoying, but at least i'm working for myself which I love.

I'm tired of this whole game :D I used to think the internet was brilliant, now it gives me more of a headache than a smile.

That's a comment that probably rings true for a great many people.

It all seems "exciting" for want of a better word, that you can build something yourself and make some money, but when it's your livlihood you need to put more and more time into it, and really you need to be thinking about promoting yourself offline too.

So it's just like running any other business.

That's why I too have dropped the vast number of junk sites that I had and am also concentrating on 2 - 3 main ones, with the intention being to focus on just 1 main site eventually.

Otherwise you're trying to juggle so much it takes over your life and just becomes a chore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom