Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

I'm feeling a little unlucky!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I’m feeling a little unlucky! I have never had an lll.co.uk domain and thought that I should look into getting one. I found a suspended domain and, of course, all the catchers were booked. I therefore decided to contact the company and make an offer. It took a few hours because the company was dissolving and all assets transferred, but I eventually got in contact with someone who could help. He told me that they had no use for the domain, or others in their portfolio, and said that I could have them for FREE! At this news, and hearing that they had others that they did not need, I was over the moon. :p

However, after a few conversations they told me that they couldn’t find their Nominet login details and they didn’t have the time to request them from Nominet. I of course responded offering to pay all fees and more, but the name dropped. I was then emailed saying that they would look into it for me, but they had found that the other names had already dropped.

Oh well, worth a shot I guess, but for a short while I considered myself very lucky at the fact I could have walked away with several domains, not so much now! :rolleyes:

Last edited:
You could have sorted this if you'd asked for help on here at the time.

Grant

You could have sorted this if you'd asked for help on here at the time.

Grant

I shall certainly do that next time! I thought it was a done deal, but it was too late when I was told about the issues and I didn't think there was much else I could have done. If I am in a similar situation in the future I will definitely ask for help.

CFT.co.uk, I found it by chance a few weeks ago, but didn't follow-up until last week. I left a few messages and was eventually called back yesterday when the discussions took place - it dropped this morning.

@ Alex, for future reference, I believe that if the domain owner had contacted Nominet by phone and explained the situation, they could have said they were having problems logging in and could ask for a delay in dropping the name to enable them to get back in their account so they can renew the domains, apparently, Nominet are happy to do that so names don't drop when they should, so I've been told on here.

I believe that if the domain owner had contacted Nominet by phone and explained the situation, they could have said they were having problems logging in and could ask for a delay in dropping the name to enable them to get back in their account so they can renew the domains.

Oh well, at least I know for the future, but that would have been quite useful to know if it is the case. I'm still on the look-out so I may be luckier next time.

Yes you'd have got a delay of 14 to 28 days to sort things out just from them phoning, a shame, better luck next time. At least you're being pro active.

Don't bother going for the 4 LLL .co.uks' that have passed the drop date though. They're all dissolved companies, but they'll all might just happen to have been transferred out before being dissolved, and the real registrants will pop their heads up just in time to collect their 'property'.

Lucky for them that their drop dates were held up then. :rolleyes:

Don't bother going for the 4 LLL .co.uks' that have passed the drop date though. They're all dissolved companies, but they'll all might just happen to have been transferred out before being dissolved, and the real registrants will pop their heads up just in time to collect their 'property'.

Lucky for them that their drop dates were held up then. :rolleyes:

or firestars is buying them

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom