Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Increase in spam?

Reaction score
A few of my more recent domain registrations appear to have lead to an increase in spam emails and phone calls.

I won't mention the registrar, but not too sure how the domain would link to my personal email address and phone number if it were not from the registrar. (Unless anyone knows different?)

Yes emails offering web design/seo from India and phone calls spoofing UK/US phone numbers.

Yep, same thing happening to me. Loads of emails and had a call too, spoofing a Canadian number.

Oddly i seemed to notice it happening pretty much since GDPR was launched which is ironic.

The email address I am receiving the spam at is not one I use for domain registrations, it is my personal email so not sure where they are getting my details from either.

Last edited:
same thing here after registering a few with TSOHost (part of 123 now)

Would that give them the Nom account email address and phone number?

this is a bit of a tangent but namecheap just announced free whois privacy forever. Love it..

I am still continuing to be bombarded by these idiots. Now I am receiving several phone calls on top of the emails every day offering me web development / SEO services . They are calling me about domains registered on my own tag so I have no idea where they are getting my number from as Nominet should not be making this available to them and the email address they contact me at is not even linked to my domains, yet with every new registration I will receive multiple emails / calls pestering me. I am registered with the telephone preference service which they clearly don't care about adhering to.

What makes it more difficult is they spoof a different UK number each time so blocking the country code they are calling from isn't an option.

Anyone any ideas on how I can stop getting harrased? Every time I ask them to stop calling me and remove me from their lists it makes no difference, they just call me a couple of hours later.

Ironically this only started happening the moment GRPR came into effect.

Last edited:
Tell them you are the police and have been called in to monitor the phonelines and run a trace to the origin so the complainant can potentially take legal action :p

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom