Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Is anyone selling those Uberboard/Hoverboard/Segway type things?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there just one kind of these boards or do a few companies make them, my son wants one for his birthday. If you have any affiliate links happy to buy through it.

I'm no expert but there are various brands and some of them are on Amazon, I think they will be do huge sales for this Christmas

Saw a kid in my village on one earlier in the week - look great fun.

I've only got 2 left if anyone wants one (black or red) £250 (genuine wizz board)

This thing's a craze in the Middle East, saw a few of them on my last trip to Qatar, the malls are filled with kids on these things...

Who is suddenly going to take their Hoverboard to the tip after they have paid hundreds for it? (If the retailer wasn't giving refunds).

In terms of danger from riding them, it is the same as everything else. Bikes, scooters, cars.

People who don't want their families to die in a fire? A quick Google is enough to show that incidents are pretty commonplace...

This was an interesting read
http://www.wired.com/2015/12/why-hoverboards-keep-exploding/

What I meant was who is just going to chuck them away at the tip rather than try and get a refund from the retailer for selling them something unsafe.

It is the same with anything with a half powerful battery, I know somebody who bought some electric bikes and they burnt the house down when on charge. They weren't cheap things from China, quite expensive.

What I meant was who is just going to chuck them away at the tip rather than try and get a refund from the retailer for selling them something unsafe.

Ah, I see. I'm betting some of the less well known "retailers" will have disappeared, or mysteriously won't answer customer enquiries. (Not the UK stores, but a lot of the cheaper ones would have been bought off eBay or Amazon Marketplace or other places, probably with a no-brand Chinese vendor at the other end)

Ah, I see. I'm betting some of the less well known "retailers" will have disappeared, or mysteriously won't answer customer enquiries. (Not the UK stores, but a lot of the cheaper ones would have been bought off eBay or Amazon Marketplace or other places, probably with a no-brand Chinese vendor at the other end)

I remember seeing Alibaba / Aliexpress flooded with them. You are right though, somebody will have made a few quid and then gone with no warranty or anything.

In which case it is a bit risky, I get paranoid leaving things on charge when I go out sometimes!

After all this time I'm still not sure; has a legitimate brand of these been established yet?

I saw a dude riding one on the street the other week, I asked where he got it from, he said he was selling them, seen a lot of teens on them since, 100% going to be all potentially dangerous Chinese imports if they bought them from this guy.

Amazon are refunding, and don't want them back, they suggest you tip it. Must be enough to cover them. I would have thought a mandatory return would have been in order.

Murray, might I suggest the brand Firetrap or Hemlock ;)

I rang Nevaboards up today after agros said it would give a refund and they said they wasn't effected, they also stated that they comply with eu law and argos would continue to sell them once them have the documentation from the eu of something like that. Still getting refund, just not worth the risk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Auctions Ending - Flip.uk

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction

Latest Comments

Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom