Membership is FREE – with unlimited access to all features, tools, and discussions. Premium accounts get benefits like banner ads and newsletter exposure. ✅ Signature links are now free for all. Share your own thoughts and experience, accounts may be terminated for violations.
  • Welcome to AcornDomains.co.uk, a friendly community for UK domain investors, developers and anyone interested in domain names.

    Whether you're looking to buy or sell domains, learn more about the UK domain market, get feedback on your names, or simply chat with other domainers, you're in the right place. AcornDomains has been bringing together people from across the UK domain industry for many years, from complete beginners to experienced investors.

    Have a look around, join the discussions and, if you haven't already, create a free account and introduce yourself.

Is it worth trying to sell a domain on ebay ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't forget to promote your eBay auction on here:
http://www.acorndomains.co.uk/domain-name-auctions.html

As for other auction marketplaces, there's always Sedo, and although Flippa is aimed at selling websites, it does has a section for selling domains. But neither are any good at selling a package of names.

eBid is an alternative to eBay and has an Internet category but no specific domain name category and a quick search didn't pull up any domain names for sale (though plenty of templates with a reg included).

There are three things eBay has going for it:
1) easier to list packages
2) cheaper to list than anywhere else (particularly if it's unlikely to sell quickly)
3) can leverage trust from existing non-domain sales

[While I'm posting... It reads a bit like Julian is addressing me when he slags off the cretinous keyword-stuffed will site. Just to clarify: that site is by an earlier poster.]

Thanks I've posted it on that forum. I've tried Flippa before but got the impression it's mostly an American market, and also more orientated towards domains with sites - which I guess means that's what most of the buyers are after.

I can't imagine there is much 'direct' traffic to any ebay auctions, but at least they have a tried and tested auction format, and as you've said it's cheap. Just a matter of publicising it I suppose which the forum you've linked to does!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom