Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

It must be just me!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
cheapdomainnames.co.uk/

"Change Nominet Tag

Only change the TAG for this domain if you wish to pass administrative control to another provider. Once you change the TAG, the new provider "will" charge you for the renewal of the domain. This transfer procedure will incur a one-off fee of £10.00+VAT to cover our administration costs."

can anyone tell me what I am paying for?

I have just done transfers out from uk-plc & in to 123-reg for free!

took a couple o minutes

Looks like www.simply.com by another name.

They are selling .uk's at below cost, so have to make the money somehow. It's pitched so that you don't spend £15 and get Nominet to take it away.

So far the list of dodgy isps with underhand, hidden transfer cost is:
ukdomains
cheapdomainnames.co.uk
vi.net
active24.co.uk (same as vi)

-aqls-

i know someone who used active24 and found them to be a nightmare.

i kind of understand why some people charge to move names about. For example if they are selling the names under cost OR dont have automated systems so have to do it manualy.

but you would think they would make all this clear at the start. Say "our names are cheaper, but you have to pay £15 to move" ;)

from what i gather a fair few people on the forum have tags.

But for those that dont who do you recomend. Seems like 123-reg and 1&1 seem to be the most popular.

D

The release fee for easyspace.com is £49!

I just went straight to Nominet to transfer mine from them. The names were ones I registered years ago, when I was very naive(sp).

Oh, and give yourself a pat on the back if you can easily find this information at pre-registration time on their website.

Indeed, it seems an administrative rip-off. To tag holders, if the process is just a TAG change, and not a registrant name change, then it doesn't cost anything.

Most of mine are on my own tag, though for the independent I'd recommend 123-reg who have a good user interface and FREE transfer in (you can transfer out as part of the interface process).

S

So OUT with:
active24.co.uk
vi.net
simply.com
easyspace.com
ukdomains
cheapdomainnames.co.uk

IN with:
enom
123reg
1&1
GoDaddy

I did 2 today out from enom into 123-reg

no charge, can't be cheaper than that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom