Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

uk iu / holy / bowl / morecambe / paddington ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
enfieldtown.co.uk £5
greatportlandstreet.co.uk £5
grantchester.co.uk £5
morden.co.uk £10
northolt.co.uk £5
penge.co.uk £5

Well that was all over quickly!

In some ways it was over after the first post - lol!

I'll leave the list up for a couple of days and then remove it. As promised everyone who was the highest bidder at the end will receive my BIN for the domains.

For 3 of the domains I'm just going to accept (if you still want them)... although I love to haggle, I've no energy :) (you really should still want them, you got bargains!)

Thanks again for everyone who was involved.

Final stats
Total Bid: £5960 Total Bidders: 71 Total Live Bids/Domains: 34

I'll leave the list up for a couple of days and then remove it. As promised everyone who was the highest bidder at the end will receive my BIN for the domains.

Good luck with that. Perhaps you would consider publishing the list of BINs once you've had firm rejections from the top bidders? That way, you may attract other buyers...

Hi Matt

My offers have now expired good luck with your selling

Appreciate all the bidders and replied yesterday to everyone who was the highest bidder with the BIN price or to accept their offer.

While I'm no where near my target, it was an experience. So far I've raised about £1k and obviously have most of the best names left.

I think that if anyone is looking to do this in future, the whole thing should be automated (as long as there is a way to verify people and hold them accountable for paying up). If I had time (and a more skill!) I'd build it...

Google Sheets, got the job done. Love the =sum() and =counta() functions !

Good luck with that. Perhaps you would consider publishing the list of BINs once you've had firm rejections from the top bidders? That way, you may attract other buyers...

I thought about it Edwin, but I think that I'm happy keeping the best names and maybe doing some dev work (or reaching out to end users in future).

If anyone wants to make a new offer then they can definitely go for it - there are names on the list that I'd let go for £20 and others for £7500!

Given the offers I've received on some of the best names, selling those individually for anywhere what was offered isn't worth my while. As Frank mentioned in his auction, selling quantity at lower prices helps get a collective price that is high enough for the seller while still giving domainers the chance of a bargain - while there were 71 total bids, that was only on 34 out of the almost 300 domains - so the quantity of sales needed to subsidize the better domains was never there.

Keep in mind I don't want to keep the list up for a long time if I'll be approaching end users.

A couple of things that are useful for anyone who is thinking about repeating this:
  1. The process pushes you to come up with a figure that you'd sell up for. It helps expose the crap plus helps you reflect on the purchases you've made.
  2. Afterwards you have a clear idea of how much you have in the account - the immediately liquidation value (mine seems to be ~£6k
  3. Keep in mind that the ILV (Immediate Liquidation Value) isn't close to the value of the names to endusers
  4. I think the few names that I did sell were at prices that were a win-win (the buyer was left with some meat on the bone for future profits and I made some money from some domains that I had no plans for)
  5. Sometimes a domainer will bid close to what you consider an end user price is, but most of the time they wont :cool:

Hi Matt

My offers have now expired good luck with your selling

Sean - you're too funny! as you know I didn't accept your offer and PM'ed you to let you know yesterday.

I predicted this thread of yours just being a marketing pr campaign atleast once a year you come on with the same list of names, gage for interest then go back and sit on them again for another year.

So we will see you next year with another copy/ half effort to shift some tat and massage yoir ego with a small number of others!!

This guy does the same, http://www.acorndomains.co.uk/domain-name-offers-invited/128028-securityglass.html

Posts adv names says looking for offers you get a price and its end user price lol i mean hes on a domain forum!!!!

Look at his post count!!

Domain Trader Rating:
(100% / 2)

99% of his posts are in the offers section and look how many names hes sold lol!!

If you want end user prices market to end users its that simple!!

Or go in the massage my ego thread here http://www.acorndomains.co.uk/domain-appraisals.html

I predicted this thread of yours just being a marketing pr campaign atleast once a year you come on with the same list of names, gage for interest then go back and sit on them again for another year.

So we will see you next year with another copy/ half effort to shift some tat and massage yoir ego with a small number of others!!

This guy does the same, http://www.acorndomains.co.uk/domain-name-offers-invited/128028-securityglass.html

Posts adv names says looking for offers you get a price and its end user price lol i mean hes on a domain forum!!!!

Look at his post count!!

Domain Trader Rating:
(100% / 2)

99% of his posts are in the offers section and look how many names hes sold lol!!

Or go in the massage my ego thread here http://www.acorndomains.co.uk/domain-appraisals.html
lol

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Look at his post count!!

Domain Trader Rating:
(100% / 2)

5 domains have been sold so far at reasonable prices that I'm sure the buyers are happy with. Not a marketing campaign, and if I could shift a load quickly I'd sell even cheaper than the BINs I shared with the highest bidder.

Sean, the terms of the auction were clear so why are you getting upset?

It should be the other way around considering our history. If you have forgotten, the names you bid on were the ones I bought from you along with a website. The difference between us is that I paid you instantly for the domains and website, and you ignored my emails/PMs for 3+ weeks and didn't transfer the domains/site in that time.

woopwoop said:
In some ways it was over after the first post - lol!
^ I couldnt agree with you more LOL!!!

Why are you so angry?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom