Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

joey barton - what next?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
after trying to get Tevez sent off & elbowing him in the face, he went on kick aguero and attempted to butt V.kompany before almost having a pop a Mario Balloteli (or the other way round?)
He then went on to have a very public fracas with Alen Shearer and Gary Linaker on Twitter - which went on until late last night.

Incredible plonker - what next for him?

Incredible plonker - what next for him?

sad thing is I think he's a really good player, however he is a huge wanker
he'll drop down clubs in standard again I would think , he'll be sold on
he comes from a poor background so should know he's totally landed on his feet, but doesn't
that temper will land him a long stretch one day as up til now has just picked on people who can't fight back, like pissed students or people in public eye who have everything to lose
he'll pick on wrong person one time who is a real gangster, not a scallwag and do him some permanent damage
I don't mind him giving alan hansen gyp but not Sir.Shearer, that is unforgivable :cool:

Don't like the guy but Tevez had a go too and i also reckon Aguero sneakily kicked him first (could see movement by him before Barton obviously kicked him back) but the cameras didn't pick that up (can tell by Aguero's reaction as he knew he would get kicked back).

Edit - Ah ok didn't realise there was a camera that picked up the kick on Aguero - got that wrong :)

Last edited:
He's a good player and rather eloquent compared to most footballers. He has a raging temper on him though and a thuggish side, so he definitely deserves to get suspended for a good while. Aside from the violence, the significance of that one game really does make him come across in a terrible light.

I agree with flinty though. Let's be fair about this, Tevez did have a go first off. Nothing excuses what came after mind you.

sad thing is I think he's a really good player,

I have to disagree with you there pred :D - I only saw a few moments of sparkle from him this season, mediocre footie skills imo - big dressing room personality, and a tricky opponent to play against, (*dirty?) and i think thats the crazy reason neil warnock signed him - (no-one else would have)

Mark Hughes can step aside from all the bad press cos he didn't sign him - If it was Niel Warnock still in charge - he would have some answering to do!
Hopefully MH & Tony Fernades will sort him out and find a legal way of not paying his wages next season

He's a good player and rather eloquent compared to most footballers.

I think whats happening here is, We're all used to watching him flying in with tackles and crashing in a ball of flames with the ref & other players, And so when he actually passes and scores - everyone is like "wow he's actually a good player"
In fairness to him he held his temper quite well this season, compared to previous seasons - thats only because he did some terrible things previously at former clubs - again his name comes before him - before he's even touched the ball

I think whats happening here is, We're all used to watching him flying in with tackles and crashing in a ball of flames with the ref & other players, And so when he actually passes and scores - everyone is like "wow he's actually a good player"
In fairness to him he held his temper quite well this season, compared to previous seasons - thats only because he did some terrible things previously at former clubs - again his name comes before him - before he's even touched the ball

Hah, maybe there's something to that. And yes, he has held it together quite well this season I agree. It's a terrible note to end on really, especially when he doesn't seem all that apologetic.

I have to disagree with you there pred :D

i actually agree with you :p

I was talking by english standards though
was watching an amazing video last night of zidane, one of my favourite ever players
fact is we have NEVER had a player even 20% as good as that, just one example and probably never will
it's so rare we have flair players, matt le tiss, gazza etc

but barton is fit, strong, and quite skillful and oppenents dislike playing him for a veriety of reasons. a good reason to have him, however the temperament massively lets him down, hence qpr could afford him ;)

maybe he'll grow up when he hits 30 and realises he has 6/7 years left of his career and he has nothing after

then you mentioned mark hughes
now THERE was a class player, one of the best

problem also with Barton is he's a legend in his own mind, and noone elses

people he should have huge respect for as they have done the lot are alan shearer and mark hughes and are top blokes too, yet he doesn't give a monkeys
anyway, enough oxygen wasted on him..............

Allbf.jpg

Not sure if this will work since I'm using Tapatalk, but hopefully it will :)

QPR may move him on - to be honest I think he'd be a liability to them. He may have to go on loan to a championship club till his contract runs out, although if my club signed him I'd be disgusted!

He is an absolute joke of a player, a mediocre player at best who has a terrible temper that has and will get him into alot of trouble. Not a good representative of the premier league and to think kids watch him act like a blatant thug. Should let him and Balotelli bash hell out of each other in the car park as both of them are liabilities.

This season has been amazing to watch and the last day was full of ups and downs for many clubs but with the Terry & Suarez racist stuff and the antics of Balotelli and now this from Barton it reflects badly on the EPL, the clubs need to adopt zero tolerance to these players no matter how good they might or might not be. In any other job that is gross misconduct and a sackable offence.

just to depress you further
according to sky barton's on £90k a WEEK

how the fuck can little qpr afford that? they deserved to go down for being such dicks

call me bitter but it makes you just want to throw towel in
this world is fucking nuts

I know rooney and van persie and ronaldo will get crazy money and image rights etc, but how many of these players are on this kind of money

I also blame the supporters for not voting with their feet, should have made objections to this madness years ago and simply said they wouldnt go to games or buy merchandise unless supporters had more say

the clubs also should have got their heads together and agreed a cap on a max wage too that they all agree to
but I guess thats a utopia and they are scared they'll all go overseas or othehr countries
let them I say

they are just here bankrupting all our clubs
that bosman ruling was the worst thing ever

90,000 POUNDS A WEEK!
say it out loud
for playing one maybe 2 games a week if not banned or injured, for a MAX of 90 minutes

in this economy and climate

rant over

QPR may move him on - to be honest I think he'd be a liability to them. He may have to go on loan to a championship club till his contract runs out, although if my club signed him I'd be disgusted!

he's got 3 years on his contract and 90k wages a week
they would have to buy him out as noone can afford that below premiership and I doubt any club would actually pay anything for him now

I guess half of it goes to tax, thats something
so government can spend it bombing innocent people overseas or building more nuclear power stations

I'm getting old. can't take it anymore lol :(:rolleyes:

just come through
Barton got a 12 match ban

wonder if club can get rid of him via gross misconduct as he was captain? not sure

either that or he is sat on his arse draining money off the club like a leech for 12 games on the bench

Got to say I agree with most of it. On his day he is talented -and as talented as some now in the euro squad, which is the point. But he has got a screw loose which he admits to.

He was making a better point of how can so many Liverpool players be in the squad after the season they had. I suppose the fact most of the teams above them only have a few token Englishmen, maybe!

The current curse of the premiership. Too long/hard a season., and not enough talented english players in every position - compare that to the glut that Germany have!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom