20i Reseller Hosting

L/LL/LN/NL/NN etc

Discussion in '.UK Domain Name Consultations' started by julian, Nov 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. julian United Kingdom

julian Banned

I was wondering if these short domains will go up in significant value now, as to have beautiful short domain (AA.UK etc) is going to be very appealing and carry some prestige.

Also, I wonder if L-L.UK will be a more appealing punt, obviously not in the same league but might not be so worthless now..

2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

articles.co.uk

3. Lovekraft United Kingdom

Lovekraft Well-Known Member Full Member

I think if it goes ahead as planned then you might well be right. Seems like they didn't take off at all but they may well have a lot more potential now.

4. inbound United Kingdom

inbound Active Member

Probably puts the 1 and 2 letter domains back to where they should have been rather than increasing them as such (removing the uncertainty penalty that was there).

Anyone who picked up a short .co.uk recently when prices were low will be celebrating, but it still could take time for a buyer to stump up decent cash. Domainers forget that most people (including those with the cash that own the target businesses) don't give a fig about domains that are not "their name".

As for hyphenated, no thanks. 2 letter domains lose a lot of their appeal if they are complicated by a hyphen.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.