Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Let's Discuss My Domain Portfolio

Status
Not open for further replies.
Again from an end user sales perspective, you'd be better off with 2 completely separate sites. One can highlight the best of your .co.uk names, the other can have all the miscellaneous extension domains. Otherwise it's a bit like a jewellers that sells diamonds and costume jewellery on the same shelf!

Thanks for the comments.

At the moment I am cherry picking domains to actively market to end users, so the site itself is taking a minor role. However, I agree that there is a lot that could be done to the site to make it better, but it is a question of time at the moment.

Rgds

Taking your initial statement of "wanting to raise some quick cash" as the starting point. I don't see that as a realistic outcome in the short-term with the list your working with. We of course all have our own perceptions of what makes a good domain but, I am surprised to see such a varied spread of minor/secondary extensions The only individual ever likely to be interested in these domains are those holding the top extension - and then it's mostly just as a secondary thought.

Without wishing to sound too negative -I do see a lot of my early (mistaken) thinking processes in these type of domains (one of your .co.uks being, I believe my drop in 2007)

The use of explanations beside each domain seems to be more of a reminder to you as to why it was registered, I'm sorry to say. Over the years i have learnt to be far more critical of my own domains and I am pleased with the results - so sorry that I can only be as judgemental.

i no longer view domains through my eyes and values (my early mistake) but, those of Many buyers - The sad but, often truth of a domain is would it just sit on the shelf unloved if you personally hadn't registered it - And I see that quite a lot in many of your domains.

Ending on an Up note - I do like your domain "goingbald" in .couk. very topical and within many individuals budget to fix these days. And that wording does call a Spade- A- Spade. I could see that selling to the right end user quite easily.

Best of luck Ray

Ending on an Up note - I do like your domain "goingbald" in .couk. very topical and within many individuals budget to fix these days. And that wording does call a Spade- A- Spade. I could see that selling to the right end user quite easily.

Missed that one in the list.

You could try selling it to The Belgravia Centre, as they seem to be quite proactive with advertising recently and are likely to have the budget (have seen them both in newspapers and on TV).

If you can get through to the right person then they are also likely to 'get' generic domains as they own hairlosstreatment.co.uk. Saying that, it's just being used as a redirect currently.

Thanks for your comments Ray. I think from a pure domaining point of view, you are right that I've ventured into some of the lesser extensions. I think it was hanging out too much on domain forums that did it, and getting ideas for good keyphrases but being unable to buy them in the good extensions. Fortunately though, I can use them myself to develop sites, which is really my favoured activity. I have already dropped quite a few domains, particularly in the .me.uk, which was again due to regging more domains than I could possibly develop.

That said, I do think there are a few gems in my portfolio, and overall I remain reasonably optimistic.

Rgds

You could try selling it to The Belgravia Centre, as they seem to be quite proactive with advertising recently and are likely to have the budget (have seen them both in newspapers and on TV).

Yes, the GoingBald.co.uk domain is another that probably deserves a bit of end user marketing. Thanks.

Cheers for the acknowledement.

PS looking around, Your domain "goingbald" is going to make up for a lot of mistakes - don't let that one go too cheaply at a charge of £25k for the full treatment you are set for a nice payday with that one.

It works on a generic and advertising level = BINGO

PS looking around, Your domain "goingbald" is going to make up for a lot of mistakes - don't let that one go too cheaply at a charge of £25k for the full treatment you are set for a nice payday with that one.

Yes, it was the cost of hair replacement treatment that made me decide to buy the name.

Rgds

Hi. I deliberately didn't include a comment on womensjewellery.net previously because to me it's the wrong spelling for a primarily-American ending and the wrong ending for the UK-spelling market.

David

Out of all those, there are many I would disregard spending any time promoting.

I think you'll probably have the best luck in trying to sell the below. Whether you will achieve "end user" level sales though is something I'm not as sure on.

1. BasketballBetting.co.uk - Betting companies may want it as a 'vanity' domain if it's a decent enough price (Ladbrokes for example own FootballBetting.co.uk, although that probably gets not bad type-ins). If not, advertise in the usual places.
  2. CheapCarInsurance.me.uk - Good search volume, but insurance companies won't be interested for obvious reasons. Someone on here would probably have it off you though.
  3. ComedyDVDs.co.uk - Perhaps the person who bought your singular may want this.
  4. DiningFurniture.org.uk - Has some search volume, could be profitable for an affiliate website. Either rank it and sell it to a merchant or let someone else build an affiliate website and do the work.
  5. ITForums.co.uk - A lot of effort needed to start a forum, but you may find a taker on here with there being plenty of people involved in the industry.
  6. JetHire.co.uk - Pitch it to the companies advertising on the term. Failing that, perhaps Sedo auction?
  7. PaternityTest.org.uk - Extension doesn't look too bad for this one, try contacting the companies bidding on the term.
  8. RareWines.co.uk - As with the jet hire domain, pitch it to the companies advertising on the term. Failing that, perhaps Sedo auction?

I go along with this post and if looking for an end user and assuming by your statement that you are looking to raise money, not offload your domains, I would whittle it down to 2, DiningFurniture.org.uk and GoingBald.co.uk both of which have obvious value. But I comment as usual that domains are for the long term and the most difficult time to sell domains at real values is when you need the money. Forced sales should be a last resort,once you identify an end user the sales process can be a drawn out affair.

I go along with this post and if looking for an end user and assuming by your statement that you are looking to raise money, not offload your domains, I would whittle it down to 2, DiningFurniture.org.uk and GoingBald.co.uk both of which have obvious value. But I comment as usual that domains are for the long term and the most difficult time to sell domains at real values is when you need the money. Forced sales should be a last resort,once you identify an end user the sales process can be a drawn out affair.

Yes, it is just a cash raising exercise. Thanks for your suggestion re diningfurniture.org.uk. It's a tough decision to put up good generic domains like this when I could develop them myself, but I've just decided to submit it to DomainLore auction. If the auction gets approved it will close next Fri 3pm.

There seems to be a good appetite for strong .org.uk generics at the moment, so the timing seems right. This term gets 74,000 monthly broad searches on Google, with estimated daily clicks at 154. It's a pretty good affiliate domain. If I had time I might market it to end users, but with this type of domain I feel there is just as much appeal to affiliates, so DomainLore seems like a good choice.

Rgds

So, diningfurniture.org.uk is on auction at DomainLore (closes Fri 1 Jul). Does anyone think any others from my portfolio would be well-suited to a DomainLore auction?

Rgds

Well, I've got another one on DomainLore now, HotelsInAmsterdam.org.uk. Let's hope I've done the right thing as both this one and DiningFurniture.org.uk are only at £50 at the moment ... *gulp* ... still, it's good to see things selling and I'm hoping they'll go higher.

What shall I try selling next ;)?

Well, I've just sold DiningFurniture.org.uk on DomainLore today at £280. From my point of view I'm happy with the sale from the point of view of raising cash quite quickly, although I would have preferred a sale in the £600 to £700 region as that's what I thought it was worth, but I don't think you can necessarily achieve "full" sales in a limited timeframe, so a good deal for seller and buyer. Anyone else got any comments on this sale?

For anyone who's upset they missed out, there's always the HotelsInAmsterdam.org.uk auction which closes on Monday (currently only £50).

Rgds

Last edited:
Since furniture.org.uk went for just £2,200 in March 2011, that's an excellent price you got, especially since the name only gets 4,400 exacts.

I bought diningfurniture.org.uk, I've another niche furniture domain that says just 1,000 exacts and that made over £4k last year, so only 4,400 is music to my ears lol

Since furniture.org.uk went for just £2,200 in March 2011, that's an excellent price you got, especially since the name only gets 4,400 exacts.

Thanks for your comments. I think the name was a good buy at £280 as it's 4,400 exacts on a reasonably high cost product, that's why I thought it would appeal to affiliates and the name might sell for more.

Rgds

I bought diningfurniture.org.uk, I've another niche furniture domain that says just 1,000 exacts and that made over £4k last year, so only 4,400 is music to my ears lol

I hope the name will pay for itself pretty quickly if developed. Good luck with it.

Rgds

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom