Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Made redundant - what next?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't have a rock solid plan yet. Still having to work my notice but hoping to get out soon and with some gardening leave. That period will be a brilliant opportunity to test out working methods and see what kind of results I can get before cash gets critical.

I guess the plan is something like:

websites / domains
- Don't spread myself too thin - I've got over 100 sites, many of which are just wp installs with a couple of posts. Now I will have time to add content to them of course, but still I think it will be best to focus on a few sites and really make them good. By my nature I will probably end up concentrating on at least 10 though.
- On a similar vein, will try and spread myself over some different niches.
- Primarily focus on sites that hold an interest for me, or I have a good knowledge of. I think the enthusiasm & experience comes across in my writing and just makes life easier all round.
- To a certain extent "forget SEO", think about (relevant) traffic and hopefully the SEO will sort itself out.

Other
- I registered on peopleperhour and tidied up my linkedin profile
- Have had some chats with people in my network about some interesting projects
- Have today applied for a job that I liked the sound of.

Last edited:
Aren't you Swedish? Should be a good redundancy payment in Sweden...Just like in most civilized European countries...

My advice going forward... Ditch most of the 100+ sites and use the money to focus on a few sites.

Or if you want a steady income, brush up your Linkedin profile and find a new job.

Lennart

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom