Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Markets.co.uk

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm assuming "highest offer by 22:00 this evening gets the domain" means I won the name.

It was still 22:00 when i bid, either way shud be restarted.

e.g. If you want something finished by Monday it still includes Monday.

Last edited:
It was 10:00:44 so I would think Diablo has the domain.

Great name, plenty of ways to use it..Or just flog it to Markets dot com.

Last edited:
It was 10:00:44 so I would think Diablo has the domain.

Great name, plenty of ways to use it..Or just flog it to Markets dot com.

Since when did she say specifically Acorn time? By 10:00 means up to and including 10:00.

Any other forum or auction like DomainLore and Sedo always add a 5-10 min snipe rule to prolong bidding and stop this happening. Bidding with 15s remaining is just immature on an auction like this.

Should be restarted imo.

Last edited:
Bidding with 15s remaining is just immature on an auction like this.

Should be restarted imo.

Surely you have to be joking ? Saying it should be restarted because you lost out on the name due to having a different understanding than everyone else at what "Highest offer by 22:00" means is VERY immature - you snooze you lose, simple as that.

Laura clearly said "Highest offer by 22:00" that means 22:00:00 NOT 22:00:01 or after and obviously it mean acorn time as nothing else would work as everyones clocks aren't syncronised :)

First of all, I don't think this thread has been run very professionally. Laura hasn't even used the word auction and it's not even posted in the auction thread. She wanted to sell a domain and was giving enough time for offers until the end of the day. Therefore any strict time-limits based around 15s sniping should be irrelevant. It's not like I fell asleep during the auction, I bid 1 min after him.

Laura also gave me a BIN of £1500 yesterday during which she then ran this thread with a time of 10:00 without telling me, apologising then saying the whole thing should've been done through domainlore instead.

This thread ran during a day in which there were no new bidders, until the final 15s, and any other forum or auction like Sedo and Domainlore would add additional minutes to stop this from happening. It's up to Laura since she set all of this up but any professional should've added a 10 minute snipe rule, put this in the correct auction thread and started this again with clear auction parameters.

Last edited:
It wasn't 10.01pm though.

Why not open the bidding at £1010 and re run it. Can only be win win for the seller.

Some people need to relax a bit.

the bottom line is the OP said best offer by 22:00 tonight gets it

Highest offer by 22:00 this evening gets the domain

as it didn't say any new offers would extend the time by extra x amount of minutes to me means that option is not available.

It also clearly says BEST OFFER not BID which means its not an auction as such.

In my opinion diablo should take the domain as it was the best offer within the time frame stated. All this talk of re running is rubbish (just my opinion)

Why not open the bidding at £1010 and re run it. Can only be win win for the seller.

It's not win win for the person that has won the domain though!

It seems clear to me, highest offer BY 22:00, "Please POST any offers on the thread"

Addz offer was posted after 22:00. And it's totally up to the seller whether they add a snipe rule or not.

Grant

It's not win win for the person that has won the domain though!

It seems clear to me, highest offer BY 22:00, "Please POST any offers on the thread"

Addz offer was posted after 22:00. And it's totally up to the seller whether they add a snipe rule or not.

Grant

Completely correct

My offer was posted during 22:00, and it wasn't an auction, as noted by not being in the auction thread. It's entirely up to the seller.

Grant

Of course it's up the seller but considering there were no bids all day it seems she wasn't expecting this to happen and failed to mention anything in the thread nor was she even online at this point. The seller has basically made mistakes with this thread by not adding appropriate rules or putting it in the auction thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members online

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom