Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Masks.uk

I'm glad to see you've clarified it was legitimately purchased

Whether he has bought it legitimately isn't going to do any good though if someone in that chain before it stole them. Unless he specifically confirms that he bought it from the .co.uk owner, then this is a name that needs avoiding in my opinion.

No unfortunately not the case Murray. DomainLore made a rash decision without any enquiry or evidence and deleted my account almost immediately; all based upon assumptions whilst branding me a thief in the process. Highly unprofessional may I add, and it's safe to say the last I shall be using their platform, which is a shame for me as I had high hopes of integrating within this community. In terms of my portfolio, I've been in the domain game since the .com days (...and also lost a substantial amount of money on the .mobi landrush from 2006 - held around 1,003 domains at this point). Large portfolio is relatively speaking and perhaps out of turn to some extent as my portfolio may be small in comparison to some of yours, however I own upwards of 200 names circa to date shared amongst some investors.

How do you explain this:

masks.uk

Data validation:
Nominet was able to match the registrant's name and address against a 3rd party data source on 14-Sep-2020

Registrar:
Fasthosts Internet Ltd [Tag = LIVEDOMAINS]
URL: http://www.fasthosts.co.uk

Relevant dates:
Registered on: 11-Jun-2019
Expiry date: 11-Jun-2020
Last updated: 17-Sep-2020

Registration status:
Renewal required.

You might want to check the rest of the large portfolio also.

Can @Admin link the IP address and system details used by @Don to another forum user?

Exactly the same thing happened to charlie.uk (see Nominet Whois) - Who I believe to be a NED candidate? At the time of purchase, everything was completed above board and in good faith on my behalf whilst being clarified over the telephone with representatives, management and the domain admin team over email; there was nothing automated about the process whatsoever. I am entirely open and transparent and to my knowledge Fasthosts had explicit permission to register that domain to me, as nothing was misrepresented. I am currently in dispute with this, as there is prevailing consumer rights to this. I will instruct legal action if possible, as it's an injustice.

See Whois details:
Domain name:
charlie.uk

Registrant type:
UK Individual

Data validation:
Nominet was able to match the registrant's name and address against a 3rd party data source on 28-Sep-2019

Registrar:

Relevant dates:
Registered on: 10-Jun-2019
Expiry date: 10-Jun-2020

Registration status:
Renewal required.

Name servers:
No name servers listed.

WHOIS lookup made at 19:27:45 17-Sep-2020

Exactly the same thing happened to charlie.uk (see Nominet Whois) - Who I believe to be a NED candidate? At the time of purchase, everything was completed above board and in good faith on my behalf whilst being clarified over the telephone with representatives, management and the domain admin team over email; there was nothing automated about the process whatsoever. I am entirely open and transparent and to my knowledge Fasthosts had explicit permission to register that domain to me, as nothing was misrepresented. I am currently in dispute with this, as there is prevailing consumer rights to this. I will instruct legal action if possible, as it's an injustice.

See Whois details:
Domain name:
charlie.uk

Registrant type:
UK Individual

Data validation:
Nominet was able to match the registrant's name and address against a 3rd party data source on 28-Sep-2019

Registrar:

Relevant dates:

Registration status:
Renewal required.

Name servers:
No name servers listed.

Good Luck with that!

Exactly the same thing happened to charlie.uk (see Nominet Whois) - Who I believe to be a NED candidate? At the time of purchase, everything was completed above board and in good faith on my behalf whilst being clarified over the telephone with representatives, management and the domain admin team over email; there was nothing automated about the process whatsoever. I am entirely open and transparent and to my knowledge Fasthosts had explicit permission to register than domain to me, as nothing was misrepresented. I am currently in dispute with this, as there is prevailing consumer rights to this. I will instruct legal action if possible, as it's an injustice.

See Whois details:
Domain name:
charlie.uk

Registrant type:
UK Individual

Data validation:

Registrar:

Relevant dates:

Registration status:
Renewal required.

Name servers:
No name servers listed.

tenor.gif

@Don can I ask when you say purchase, what was the price you paid? was it the cost of renewal? if so I don't understand how that would be considered a purchase

Also what made you contact FastHosts regarding this domain? it seems unusual to contact a registrar inquiring about the purchase of a customers domain

Last edited:
Murray, I can't quite understand how this wouldn't be classed as a purchase? In the most simplistic of terms, I acquired the domain in good faith by paying for it. In general terms, I would expect a registrar to have a duty of care to their customers to act diligently using reasonable care and skill. I had legitimate interest to purchase the domain and made the relevant inquiries to do so. Let it be known, I was entirely transparent; I have my solicitors looking into this now, so I'm unsure how much I can speak on my situation per se. Rest assured, I asked all the relevant questions and clarified information on a recorded telephone call during the process, and over email, and afterwards. It's very well documented and I intend to strongly pursue legal actions as a result that's available to me.

Just to clear up some confusion, as far as I was concerned the registrar was authorised and had permission to sell the domain to me; another aspect to consider was the 6 years and 90 day period having elapsed too and the domain becoming available under some registrars terms of agreement. Subsequently, no disputes have arisen by the previous registrant on these domains either and so they shouldn't have either - they no longer have any rights to the domain to this date. From speaking with Nominet, I understand one may argue there's a breach of the contract between Nominet and the registrar (though I still would need to look into this further to understand it better). However as an end consumer is not privy to this agreement and isn't required to be, taking action effectively agains them is equally an injustice and unwarranted; especially more so, in the context of where domains have been sold on etc.

Arrr, the insanity defence, good strategy in laying the ground work early on. I like it.

Hey @Don

Just incase you missed my previous post..

It would be great if you could share the rest of your portfolio with the group as you have a large number of serious investors on Acorn, thanks in advance for sharing.

Murray, I can't quite understand how this wouldn't be classed as a purchase? In the most simplistic of terms, I acquired the domain in good faith by paying for it. In general terms, I would expect a registrar to have a duty of care to their customers to act diligently using reasonable care and skill. I had legitimate interest to purchase the domain and made the relevant inquiries to do so. Let it be known, I was entirely transparent; I have my solicitors looking into this now, so I'm unsure how much I can speak on my situation per se. Rest assured, I asked all the relevant questions and clarified information on a recorded telephone call during the process, and over email, and afterwards. It's very well documented and I intend to strongly pursue legal actions as a result that's available to me.

Just to clear up some confusion, as far as I was concerned the registrar was authorised and had permission to sell the domain to me; another aspect to consider was the 6 years and 90 day period having elapsed too and the domain becoming available under some registrars terms of agreement. Subsequently, no disputes have arisen by the previous registrant on these domains either and so they shouldn't have either - they no longer have any rights to the domain to this date. From speaking with Nominet, I understand one may argue there's a breach of the contract between Nominet and the registrar (though I still would need to look into this further to understand it better). However as an end consumer is not privy to this agreement and isn't required to be, taking action effectively agains them is equally an injustice and unwarranted; especially more so, in the context of where domains have been sold on etc.

The fact you went to the lengths of recording the conversation shows you knew you were up to something dodgy and probably thought there was a chance that the domain would be taken away. Just because you managed to get somebody naive on the end of the phone and convinced them that it was OK for you to register the domain doesn't make it right. Also, you keep on referring to the fact you 'purchased' the domain? Did you actually purchase the domain or simply pay a registration fee for 1 year?

I don't understand why you are pursuing this further, you tried your luck, you nearly got away with it, but unfortunately got caught. Maybe instead of posting one of the most sought after domains on here, with a new account no less, while pretending to have a large portfolio of domains, you should have laid low for a bit and maybe just maybe you might have got away with it.

NICE TRY BUT NO CIGAR

@DJ Wood Your entire post is a complete nonsense; It's predicated entirely on assumptions reframed to suit only your narrative. As you have rightly suggested, do you not think if my intentions were to deceive, and do something as you proclaim 'dodgy' I would have done exactly that - laid low and not decided to post on specifically a domain forum to draw the most attention and scrutiny towards me? I think even the biggest of idiots would know that - it's laughable in fact.

In terms of getting someone naive, it's already been clearly stated I spoke to several representatives, engineers and the domains team and even corresponded over email, whereby things were cross referenced with their managers too. I'd like to think they're not all naive, being in the industry and representative of an accredited registrar.

ALSO, business lines automatically record conversations, as does FastHosts...

I have to commend you, well done buddy. Your logic would do absolute wonders as a flat Earth advocate. Unfortunately for you, I know it’s round...

Anyway I’m out. This place is clearly toxic and the
bigotry is beyond me...

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members online

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom