Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

member news

Status
Not open for further replies.

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Vizzy has left Acorn Domains at his own request.

Admin

Vizzy has left Acorn Domains at his own request.

Admin

What actually happens when you leave? Do all posts you made get deleted? Otherwise not sure how that is different to just deciding not to participate.

Stephen.

I don't guarantee to delete all posts, otherwise many threads would be useless. Imagine you have 500 posts all over the forum for example.

What I do is delete the threads started by the user and then rename their account to "Retired_MemberX" removing access to the account from the user and placing it on the "banned members" list so that they have no rights.

Admin

mmm, yes, don't remember anyone else ever getting an official announcement before, was he domain royalty?

So the thread that more than likely caused him to leave will not be deleted because he did not start it?

If I didn't announce such things in the past then rumours start and I get asked what happened so I am just pre-empting that.

Signing off for the night.

Admin

mmm, yes, don't remember anyone else ever getting an official announcement before, was he domain royalty?

I'm sad to announce that the Queen and Prince Charles will also not to visiting the forum from this date.

Have just read his blog / comments and one bit of good that could come from it is :

Surely privacy is important, but maybe it is even more important to bring this community to the next level where people can mention names and these name owners will not be ashamed to be mentioned and be associated with domain trading. This could also possibly help separate wheat from the chaff, so those who prefer to hide wouldn’t feel comfortable there.

Its a fair point and Acorn ought to be at a position where the community itself can not just sort itself out in a mature and decent way but act as a flag bearer for the 'industry' outside the forum.

Its 2010 - why do people feel the need to be so cloak and dagger about stuff on here :)

Its 2010 - why do people feel the need to be so cloak and dagger about stuff on here :)

Agree 100% Rob... I can't think of any other industry that is so bloody secretive!

Rich :cool:

because there's money involved and they don't want them young'uns sticking their noses in where tis not wanted.. (my precious)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members online

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom