Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

New Setup Discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
+quote is for quoting more than one post at once. reply is for quoting one post which inserts it directly into the editor.

I agree with Ian there doesnt need to be any space below the date stamp. Easily fixed setting a minimum height in the message container so consider it fixed when im back.

In regards to the user info, I don't think it will be a big deal once the date stamp shows at the bottom of the post instead of in the middle, however we can hide it and when someone hovers over the user info section it could show ( that way it involves no new clicks, just moving the mouse ). Thats a possibility to reduce clutter even more, both changes not a big deal and will take seconds to implement so its not a matter of trying please everyone, however we will do what we can to make it reasonably for as many people as possible.

That said changes we make we make because it makes sense and we agree it needs to be changed, not because we are trying to keep everyone happy :)

Ian....you need to hit reply not quote ☺
Oh yeah :D - could be a little more obvious, maybe a colour fort he reply box?

May I suggest when you quote also, that it adds a further space break between the quote and where you type; just easier to see the response then, so:

Where are members 'Domain Trader History'?
+1 has this been removed, I would like my trading history to show on the left again.

I like it and I'm pleased we can play a small part in supporting it.

Some of the inline banners that you see when not logged in are a little distracting when they rotate. Could they be static? That's probably the only downside.

The rest - looks good on a rMBP 13" and Windows 10 24" monitors.

Not overly sure about the top menu structure, but I can't quite put my finger on what just yet. Just seems to be less forum orientated somehow!

PS - added an avatar but can I remove the Union Jack?

Where are members 'Domain Trader History'?

+1 has this been removed, I would like my trading history to show on the left again.

Trading scores has now been imported :) They can be viewed via your profiles, the scores will only show up to the left in sections which involve a transaction, for example premium domains, domains offered etc etc and the score shows up as a number next to the username.

You can also view the latest scores etc here : http://www.acorndomains.co.uk/domain-trader/

Which will eventually have a link somewhere on the site, most likely the footer links for now.

PS - added an avatar but can I remove the Union Jack?

You can remove the flag ( still visible to admins ) by going to http://www.acorndomains.co.uk/account/privacy

And ticking the box "View the flag for the country you are in:" and then selecting "nobody".

Not overly sure about the top menu structure, but I can't quite put my finger on what just yet. Just seems to be less forum orientated somehow!

Its most likely that the UI is better and therefore there is no need for all the things you "think" you are missing ;)

Spotted you have dropped the datestamp down. If you want it at the absolute bottom, then swap it around with the 'like, agree, funny' option, which only shows on the right anyway, will keep the balance; or put them all on the same line.

You did a good job looks nice and fresh and not much moaning from the old school domaners

Hopefully not aimed at me? Only trying to offer suggestions, I think what Adam and Steven have done is incredible, especially importing so much historical data.

Spotted you have dropped the datestamp down. If you want it at the absolute bottom, then swap it around with the 'like, agree, funny' option, which only shows on the right anyway, will keep the balance; or put them all on the same line.

I'm like a Ninja and mind reader wrapped into one ;)

However im not sure i like the post ratings being above the buttons. We'll see how it pan out so that might not stay

Last edited:
Trading scores has now been imported :) They can be viewed via your profiles, the scores will only show up to the left in sections which involve a transaction, for example premium domains, domains offered etc etc and the score shows up as a number next to the username.

You can also view the latest scores etc here : http://www.acorndomains.co.uk/domain-trader/

Which will eventually have a link somewhere on the site, most likely the footer links for now.

Your not hanging about much :)
Thanks - That's great! - Looking good.

However im not sure i like the post ratings being above the buttons. We'll see how it pan out so that might not stay

I know what you mean, but the timestamp at the bottom looks much better. Try and fit on a single line, less clutter.

I know what you mean, but the timestamp at the bottom looks much better. Try and fit on a single line, less clutter.

Oh if i could get them on one line and keep it all flowing through out a responsive layout with out too much customisation i would :D

Every thing we've done for ease of upgrades/updates so most solutions are done with out the need of heavy customisation, it looks ok................I think its because im not used to seeing the ratings above its something ill get used to ;)

I think what Adam and Steven have done is incredible, especially importing so much historical data.
Cheers Ian, appreciation is only a click away (upgrade) - you could be our first 'Supporter' ;)

Hopefully not aimed at me? Only trying to offer suggestions, I think what Adam and Steven have done is incredible, especially importing so much historical data.
no Ian not aimed at you

Lots of people don't like change of any sort..

Hopefully taking all these small changes on board will avoid the usual railway pike to the brain that platform changes can bring.

We could do with the same grey which surrounds in post quotes being used around textareas and input boxes, fine to read on my desktop but my laptop, if the angle isn't perfect its a little hard to see the ouline.

On the previous version, when you went to view new posts, and put the cursor on the thread title, it would bring up the start of the 1st post. Handy if someone posts a bad description title, or when Accelerator was posting gumpf.

On this one, it just says 'View new posts'

On the previous version, when you went to view new posts, and put the cursor on the thread title, it would bring up the start of the 1st post. Handy if someone posts a bad description title, or when Accelerator was posting gumpf.

On this one, it just says 'View new posts'

Could you screenshot what you mean please ? Not sure I get what your saying or whether its a possible bug. If I goto "new posts" in the nav, hover over the thread title it displays popup box with the text from the first post.

Could you screenshot what you mean please ? Not sure I get what your saying or whether its a possible bug. If I goto "new posts" in the nav, hover over the thread title it displays popup box with the text from the first post.

Sure, hope this works.... bit hard to screenshot the pop up box, so took pic on mobile...........

URGH!!! This was one of the feature requests to be able to upload images direct, but it wants a URL to be entered........

Sod it, uploaded as a file :)

Attachments

• 20160327_112409.jpg
    20160327_112409.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 76
Hmm , do you run any cookie blockers or script blockers ? See attached what you should see

screen.png

PS , the upload file is the same as inserting an image, once you click the upload file, you will then see a little image under the post which you can insert as a thumbnail or full image as above

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom