Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

New Setup Discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Goto the conversation list : http://www.acorndomains.co.uk/conversations/

Tick the tick box next to one of the conversations, a popup will show. To the right of that popup there is "select all" which will then select all of those messages on that page, you can then goto page two, do the same again and once you've ticked all the pages you want press Leave conversation.

Thanks - yes did that now - didn't take as long as I thought it would.

Thanks - yes did that now - didn't take as long as I thought it would.

I took a look at the settings before I replied, it was set it 20 conversations per page rather than 100 ;) That might have taken a bit longer haha.

Thoughts on the colour strength of the sidebar recent posts/threads....I can go to the strongest shade of the current colour and its a better contrast? Bottom picture is 3 shades stronger, bit more obvious in real life than in the screengrab

current font colour.PNG
darker font colour.PNG

Congrats on the changeover guys - I'm another one who doesn't like change - but think this has all gone very smooth and for the better.

One thing I wanted to mention is that when looking at a list of threads on my phone - you can't tell who's made the last post, just says 'go to last post'. On PC it's different but I usually use the forum on phone. Always found it quite useful before as you can usually tell whether it's something worth reading just from that.

Personally never look at the right hand column, wish there was an option to remove ;)

Also mentioned before but don't like going straight to the 'new' post when you click a thread, assuming the entire thread has been read and fresh in your mind even if you've marked as read, prefer it to start at the beginning.

Still can't use 'home' to get back to the top after adding a comment either, in case that one has been missed.

I've strengthened the colour of the sidebar font for 'recent posts / threads'

Maybe good to try something different as the default avatar too?

Maybe upload your own one? :)

Make an image of Gary Glitter default and then everyone will change it :)

I've had a report from an Acorn 'upgrader' that the Paypal checkout page was displaying in Spanish, we have added some locale code to set this to English and would appreciate one or two of you testing for us please, if you don't mind. Obviously, you don't need to complete the payment. http://www.acorndomains.co.uk/account/upgrades

On Tapatalk, there is still a message to say the forum is under maintenance.
Hi, We've looked into this and cannot replicate it, so perhaps its a cache issue with the tapatalk app on your device. You can try this: uninstall the app, Turn OFF your device, Turn On, reinstall the app and login.

Hi, We've looked into this and cannot replicate it, so perhaps its a cache issue with the tapatalk app on your device. You can try this: uninstall the app, Turn OFF your device, Turn On, reinstall the app and login.

Ok. Will do

I've had a report from an Acorn 'upgrader' that the Paypal checkout page was displaying in Spanish, we have added some locale code to set this to English and would appreciate one or two of you testing for us please, if you don't mind. Obviously, you don't need to complete the payment. http://www.acorndomains.co.uk/account/upgrades

Well I was going to upload an image to show you, but its still asking for a URL, and I can't be arsed to upload an image somewhere, then copy the URL here, then insert image, .....

All English for me.

Well I was going to upload an image to show you, but its still asking for a URL, and I can't be arsed to upload an image somewhere, then copy the URL here, then insert image, .....

All English for me.

Upload a file ( next to post reply button ) - select image - insert into post.

Site logo, avatars and text editor icons are grainy on retina devices. Need to double up the resolution to make them crisp. Not a major thing granted, but it is a little off-putting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Auctions Ending - Flip.uk

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom