Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

New timepiece

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think its a nice watch mate.

Money could have been invested into domains but we all need a treat now and then :)

Hello,

I'm coming to the end of my PostGrad Economics course and thought I would treat myself for all the hard work I've put into both my undergraduate and postgraduate Business/Economics degrees.

Basically I had a £5,000 budget though savings and student jobs whilst at university (Yes, being a Receptionist pays off!). My initial thought was to purchase a nice generic product domain to get me started in affiliate marketing but it was too much of a risk too soon.

I went to go and see the old folks in Stratford-Upon-Avon and had a walk around the town. I ended up buying this little beauty for £5,000 (It was £5,250).

IWC Portuguese Chronograph

b506zm.jpg

Likey or no likey? :D

Should have bought an existing site earning £xxx per month.

Nice watch but saving money for several years to buy a watch doesn't make any sense to me whatsoever. Hope you don't lose/damage/scratch/break it.

Care to share the info on sites making £xxx per month for sale at £5K ?

I think people are being too harsh on him. The watch isn't my cup of tea personally, but if it makes him happy, then that is all that matters.

I also personally think the money could have been invested more wisely, but then again we cannot see everything as investments, or there is no point to anything we are doing in this game. Bottom line is he is happy - nothing else matters

Some of the 'it might get scratched' or 'you might get mugged' comments are just plain silly - he could get run over tomorrow with no one to leave the £5k to anyway - if you lived your whole life thinking like that, then you would be afraid to switch your pc on from fear of being electrocuted.

At least now he has the watch, if he did get run over he was happy at the "time" it happened ;)

Ok let me know if you do have an answer to my original question.

To answer your question -- it would depend on whether there was any value in the name alone; as opposed to a reg fee hyphenated turd with revenue.

Most people who freak out about someone spanking £5k on a watch are the people who'd never even think of spending £500 on decent content or links on their own websites anyway!!

How many people have spent £5k on a car??... OOOOOO bliiimey you could have spent that money on a quality domain... OOOOOO cooor you moron you could have done something or other totally different arent you a silly sausage....

What the point in having money and not enjoying it???

You cant please em all mate so please yourself and be happy with your choices in life :) If you end up learning something in the process thats a bonus!

Nice watch.

Typically a site sells for 12 to 18 months revenue so 5k should get you something earning around 3k per year or £250 per month.

Ofcourse it depends on the domain name quality :-|

I too love watches and always spend time looking in shops at all the watches picking which I'd have.

I recently bought an Omega Seamaster at around £1350, However this was purchased after I've bought domains and invested quite a lot. Obviously its a risk to put £5k on a domain but you have to speculate to accumulate!

Its a nice watch, but if I were you I'd spent £1-2k on a watch and then £3k on a domain/site. Then when site does well you can sell it or buy the watch from profits, then you have a £2k watch, a £5k watch and a site still earning!

Just my 2 cents :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members online

No members online now.

Featured Services

Auctions Ending - Flip.uk

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction

Latest Comments

Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom