Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Nominet - Pre-2012 News?

Status
Not open for further replies.
?? How bizarre! I think a request for all is in order.

Why are they removing them? Timing seems a bit odd considering the furore over .uk ...

Thanks all! :)

Anyone know why it's been removed?

Thanks all! :)

Anyone know why it's been removed?

Everything that had any remote relevance to the "pre direct.uk days" was removed from Nominet's website on October 1 (the day of the direct.uk consultation) in what they insist is a complete coincidence, nothing whatsoever to do with the consultation at all, honest guv, etc.

In total, over 2,000 pdf documents disappeared (PAB minutes, records of past Board meetings, etc.) plus many thousands of HTML pages as well.

Nominet claim the new site is easier to navigate and more streamlined (probably true, but only because they've thrown most of the old site away).

The bit on lindsays.co.uk that stands out to me is:

The Tribunal has jurisdiction to award aggravated damages when the Respondent has aggravated the claimant's injury by acting in a “high-handed, malicious, insulting or oppressive manner”.

So there you go, Nominet are officially high handed, malicious, insulting and oppressive, who would have thought that eh :rolleyes:

I'll throw the term "scammers" in there as well, as what they're doing with direct.uk is scamming everyone. Let me not forget what a bunch of conniving liars the board is made up of, what a great bunch or people to have running Nominet, maybe they should all go in to politics, they're perfectly suited to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members online

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom