Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

.nz 2nd level release up for consultation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

foz

Reaction score
I know some of you own .nz domains.

DNC is consulting on allowing 2nd level registrations, e.g. domain.nz rather than domain.co.nz.

http://dnc.org.nz/second_level_proposal_c1

From the thorough consultation papers, I think their mind is made up to proceed regardless of any negative responses.

I know if Nominet were to propose such an action for .uk, portfolio owners would be reeling at the prospect.

I think it is a positive step for NZ, I have none.

I think they should offer each domain to the .co.nz owner before going to open registrations.

Same should happen if it ever happens to .uk

Agree....
Grand-Father Principe like right now in .fr for the IDN.

Proposed - During the sunrise period, they are allowing anyone with a third level .nz registered prior to 30th May 2012 to apply. If more than one applies, all parties with that keyword have to reach consensus and obtain consent for the .nz. If consent can't be obtained amongst the parties, the .nz will not be made available to register.

population of 4.5 million in new zealand
surely there is no need and no demand for this?

one would think there is plenty of variations left to register and existing pool of already registered domains for sale at relatively reasonable prices for endusers?

one would think the registry are sat there twiddling there thumbs with not much to do and trying to dream up new ideas by copying other registries

population of 4.5 million in new zealand
surely there is no need and no demand for this?

Plenty of free to reg capacity, heaps of LLL's available.

Generally think revenue generation for the Registry (the Registrars will be all for it).

.nz may have been good from the beginning, but trying to wind the clock back to make a perceived improvement now is just going to be a headache and expense for all the .co.nz owners.

seems very unfair
as I would hope existing registrants would get the right to the .nz equivalent with no application fee
otherwise could cost a fortune to apply and time
think of time if other people apply for domains you already own in .co.nz

the registry will get benefit of all renewals too in new .nz
very crafty and unfair

I saw .nl did this
but they have an insane amount of domain registrations
their pop without checking is under 20 million i think
huge for a tiny space and huge amount of domain registrations

diferent reports report different stats
and we know china has most people with access to computers

however uk, new zealand and netherlands are always in top 5 for internet penetration
ie. highest percentage of people per head access to internet and who actually use it
and highly advanced societies

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom