20i Reseller Hosting

PHP Frameworks

Discussion in 'Content Management Systems' started by AssetDomains, Aug 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AssetDomains

AssetDomains Well-Known Member

Hey all I'd be interested to here your views on PHP frameworks.

I've been doing a bit of reading today yii and CodeIgniter get quite a few mentions anyone here use them is there something else I should consider.
    How do they stand up in terms of security.

I work a lot with wordpress and was thinking of using that to take care of user management on my latest project but I need to start looking at more customisable options I think.

2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

articles.co.uk

3. tifosi United Kingdom

tifosi Well-Known Member

Codeigniter is one of the oldest but well documented. Fuelcms is a well done cms built using the framework.

Yii is a fantastically well written framework - same guy who did prado. Other main ones are cakephp, symfony, kahona.

New one is lavarel which is a ruby on rails-esque framework with some quirky methodolgy but rapidly gaining ground. Built by the people who used to dev codeigniter before they fell out. Codeigniter is the free version of expression engine which is a commercial option.

Wordpress aint a framework, it's a spaghetti mess of archaic php and a resource whore! :)

4. murph United Kingdom

murph Well-Known Member

I did a bit of research a short while ago. Seems Lavarel is the one to watch

5. tifosi United Kingdom

tifosi Well-Known Member

True, seen quite a few jobs specifying it, so one I'll have to get to grips with. Had a quick look last night and sone of the syntax is decidedly weird with lots of anonymous functons and closures! Looks a bit javascript like at times.

6. AssetDomains

AssetDomains Well-Known Member

Thanks guys I'll have a read up on the other options as well

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.