Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Please review - ScreenProtectors.co.uk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Please review ScreenProtectors.co.uk and let me know your thoughts on the site.

I would appreciate all feedback.

Thanks!

My first impression is.. selling your product should be the most important thing. with that in mind the sites logo takes up most of the initial screen along with the youtube video.

I'm seeing a big logo, I'm seeing text, I'm not seeing a screen protector :(

Also autoplay music is very annoying when I visit a website, one of my biggest pet peeves.

Just my opinion.

That video is terrible. I lost interest about 10 seconds in.

Logo is too big.

Agree, with the above. It's got the WTF appeal... not always the best think for an ecom site. There's no products 'above the fold' just a massive logo and youtube vid... and autoplay is a massive no-no.

The product item layout is a bit messy with essentially an arrow pointing to the next product when in grid format. Search by brand is totally lost, as is search by product. You have to squint on the product item to see what product they are for.

Other than that, fairly clean colours. Need a total rethink on the layout & structure. If it's a shop, why have the shop link?

Last edited:
I think you've got part of the top of the screen right - 30 day guarantee, paypal payments, and free shipping - all very important to prospective buyers.

The video takes far too long to get to the point.

I think you'd be far better off having the list of features & benefits nearer the top in place of the video.

If you want to keep the vid maybe turn off autoplay. And, as the aspect is stretched out why not make it the correct size (would take up about 50% of the page) then with your new found above the fold space, add a slider of products or one featured product, something like that.

Overall site looks nice. Gotta push for conversions though....
Jay

Think about the user journey.

Do you honestly think the site is laid out in a way that makes it simple and intuative for the user to find the product they are looking for and make a purchase?

Personaly I think the site looks like what it is, a Wordpress theme that has been hacked about a bit to look like an e-commerce site.

Instead of spending money on videos and graphical elements you could have had a bespoke site built that was tailored for your specific product, and was future proofed to make it easy to expand when (hopefully) your business grows.

The most important think is that the user can find what they are looking for as quick as possible at a decent price, have a look at sites that you purchase from frequently and ask yourself why do you return to these sites?

Thanks guys for the feedback - I do appreciate all comments.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Auctions Ending - Flip.uk

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction

Latest Comments

Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom