Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Registering (owing) a .pTLD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hi,

I've found a good .pTLD i'd like to register and own the rights to resell. If I am able to get the rights, does anyone know what to do or how much it would likely cost to set up a registry so that I can sell the associated domain names for it?

Any guidance truly appreciate ;)

Thanks

Mike

I have seen an interview with the guy that started the .buzz extension, but I can't find it for you. It's either at DNJournal.com or DomainSherpa.com. Domain Sherpa has also had some interviews with people setting up new extensions but I can't give you specifics.

Thanks. I think I may pass up tbh. I looked into it in more detail last night and from what I can see from ICANN, they're looking at $185,000 to lodge application and then yearly fee of $25,000 to maintain rights if you get it. Unless anyone knows any different ?

Was looking at it via this http://tld.name/register-your-tld.php, and thought I saw somewhere there that it would cost $1,000!

Have any of you got ownership of your own .TLD ?

THanks

Mike

Closer to $100,000 from what I heard around the time everyone jumped on it.

You have to demonstrate you have the infrastructure to deal with customers, the systems in place to manage their names, etc etc. Its not like owning domains, businesses will rely on you, so you gotta be insured up the ass, have techs on call, the whole 9 yards.

Was looking at it via this http://tld.name/register-your-tld.php, and thought I saw somewhere there that it would cost $1,000!

Have any of you got ownership of your own .TLD ?

THanks

Mike

In fact, the whole setup and infrastructure can be outsourced. What cannot be easily outsourced is marketing.
Personally, I think a lot of TLDs will not be profitable and will be phased out.

The biggest problem is exposure. If you cannot get major registrars to feature your extensions on the front shelf - nobody will know it even exists.
Right now there are hundreds of string, soon many more. What makes yours any different.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom