Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Registration to Monetisation In 24Hrs Pls

Status
Not open for further replies.
You haven't got a new idea, it's an old idea.

I've tried it and told you my experience of how potential consumers of that product react.

You haven't tried it but you know better.

Good luck with it.

Plus - you're going to have to compete with companies like 1&1 who advertise on TV, allow the user to create what they want, try it for free, and then from £9.99 per month.

No i'm not buying all of this at all sorry, same ol' rehash of existing ideas which are more or less proven not to work on this, i'm talking about a new idea, some mental innovation and said delivery of it. I don't what it is yet but it's coming. Anyone who says that's hot air is welcome to offer such redundant comments.

One thing is i'm tired of seeing UK innovators invent stuff [the internet itself, then social networking], then Yanks coming over and showing us how to deliver it to the masses good and proper, and cleaning up and utterly dominating. Happens time and time again and the cycle must be broken.

OK
So what is your new idea then? Or is it a secret, or don't you have one & your just waiting for the good folks at acorn to chip in on a mega thread with loads of money making ideas?
I posted a great FTR up, stop moaning about re-hashed ideas and prove your worth by shifting it on.... After all it was your initial idea.
Eagerly waiting with popcorn.....
popcorn_o.gif

Ha ha, don't do yourself a disservice mate by making such hater comments, cos A I never claimed it was a new idea which would be farcicle given the very much appreciated comments from those who've already considered it and given it a bash, B if you read i'm actually saying a new idea is needed, and C if you combine A and B your last comment makes no sense. But if it helps I will repeat. A NEW IDEA ON THIS IS NEEDED.

I'll also refer you to the title of this thread which err describes a the need for a solution and no way suggests 'hey i've got a new idea, come and read what it's about' as you seem for bizzare reasons suddenly keen to imply.

OK
So what is your new idea then? Or is it a secret, or don't you have one & your just waiting for the good folks at acorn to chip in on a mega thread with loads of money making ideas?
I posted a great FTR up, stop moaning about re-hashed ideas and prove your worth by shifting it on.... After all it was your initial idea.
Eagerly waiting with popcorn.....
popcorn_o.gif

Are you now moaning about me 'moaning'?

Ok guilty of not reading. Bit like you on your first username, jumping straight into the wanted section and not reading what's wanted before spamming me with PM for a shocking name with a 3 in it..... Remember.

Im throwing you a life-line here dude, a perfectly good geo trade in .com that is FTR.

Ok guilty of not reading. Bit like you on your first username, jumping straight into the wanted section and not reading what's wanted before spamming me with PM for a shocking name with a 3 in it..... Remember.

Im throwing you a life-line here dude, a perfectly good geo trade in .com that is FTR.

Are you here to domain or run PR campaigns? You put up a wanted thread on medical domains I pm'ed you offering Pain3.co.uk, you responded it was utter sh'te like your Bill Gates or something. That is NOT spamming and if you make that allegation again i'll report you. I may have been new and bit giddy but that defo is not spamming. Also before you make your half arsed comments go read my thread on my sale of Pain3.com for $1000 which offers ample evidence of why I thought Pain3.co.uk might be worth a few quid. Read on about how I accepted every view on the .co.uk cos it's one of those ones someone might offer you something most won't. And you conveniently left out the bit where I didn't even put a price on it when I pm'd you.

And stop trying to hijack this thread with your own agenda. Cos of your inability to speak to people Mr High and Mighty with any respect I will continue avoiding speaking to you but made an exception to challenge your efforts to besmirch me. Thankyou.

P.S. You accuse me of trying to sell you utter sh'te then demand I take a look at your utter sh'te, you need to go into banking mate, you'd be welcomed with open arms.

Last edited:
Right i'm gonna go get some work done. Just a coupla things when I wish to brain storm I'm going to put the words BrainStorm in the actual title of the thread from now on.

Unless i'm wrong a brainstorming thread screws no one over. It's an open thread, anyone can come along and read the comments and leave with perhaps fresh ideas, others can offer their ideas, all data in thread is open to everyone not just the person who started it, so no redundant claims it's just the person started the thread fishing for commercially valuable info.

For those interested i had my moment of lateral thinking coupla days ago. The idea is not new domain wise as evidenced by sheer amount of other similar domains already registered but i've found a few gems I think. And will be continue registering the domains this week. Whilst they are not the 'magic bullet' i'm looking for, I really like what i've found, see some value in them, and I will publish them when I feel stocked up, on this thread. I'm expecting deluge of comments on how sh'te they are, but who cares, I know if I published them unregistered they'd be registered that same day probably hour. Still looking for that magic domain name, and I want a dotcom that will inspire me to pursue this idea further all the ones i've fancied are gone and on this one I want the full suite. Don't give a rats about exacts, available exact domains are often so tedious from a branding point of view they have in my view an inherent glass ceiling no matter how good they are initially, cos I got my own network I can promote new webs on. I don't like glass ceilings.

We're talking about a network costing maybe £100 [prolly tad more] quid a year that I can't see returning less than 1k a month even with my limited skills, where it goes from there is purely a bonus. And whole thing will be a great learning curve for me.

Not interested in buying preregistered either so no pms pls, can't afford it at the moment, also and this IS a lofty claim i'm interested in the birth of a new concept or brand out of thin air, I'll know it when I think of/see it, but if I don't I will seek to buy preowned down the road, my resolve on this is growing not diminishing. The cake must be made bigger, don't wish to spend my time battling for a bigger piece of the same sized cake.

No i'm not buying all of this at all sorry, same ol' rehash of existing ideas which are more or less proven not to work on this, i'm talking about a new idea, some mental innovation and said delivery of it. I don't what it is yet but it's coming. Anyone who says that's hot air is welcome to offer such redundant comments.

One thing is i'm tired of seeing UK innovators invent stuff [the internet itself, then social networking], then Yanks coming over and showing us how to deliver it to the masses good and proper, and cleaning up and utterly dominating. Happens time and time again and the cycle must be broken.

How have the yanks done this better?

Are you basically saying there needs to be an idea to change the minds and attitudes of end users and Joe Bloggs Plumbers down the road - but you're not quite sure how yet?

I'd agree but there are people on here (take Edwin for example) who have done quite a bit to sell the idea of generic and quality domains etc... but it's a tough sell, with nothing specifically tangent to an unknowlegable market. That has to be one of the toughest.

Truth be known, it's harder to rank new sites. Not impossible but harder, and each update Google throws a new challenge your way.

In fairness if I created a site that could be sold to an end user for £200 or so, that has enough visitors to earn them a nice return I wouldn't sell for £200 - I'd use as a lead gen site, or direct advertiser and keep a recurring income.

Anything I would want to knock up for £200 on a good domain will be so basic that it might as well be another crap 1&1 template pile of shite

Last edited:
cc976a

What the yanks generally have over us is they think customer first, how to provide it comes second, then they think image, and finally marketing. Once all 4 [maybe more] are optimized, they launch, no messing about. They launch with overwhelming confidence win or lose and I think that's cos of the 'customer first' principle, once you get that right you are entitled to be confident. In the UK i get more of a 'hey come and look at this, you might fancy it, it ain't that bad you know', whereas across the Atlantic its more 'This is the best deal you'll find anywhere buddy, we've made sure' sort of feel. I'm going for the latter.

Majority of comments on this issue tend to be i'm the provider woe is me, best I can do etc, so no wonder it isn't working. Below a certain threshold of quality/traffic, there's infinite domains especially if one includes brandables. I see no point in even valuing them the traditional way, current trade here is ample evidence. Wanna give this value added thing the ol' college try.

I found a dotcom now that i'm a tad excited about. Giving it the ' 'one week thinking it over' period cos I've had too many rush of blood to the head moments over the years and that's got to change.

Confident overall of finding a message that connects message to potential customers and their instant ability to absorb the 'customer first' message as a persuasive and first principle.

How this is then delivered with content, products and applications comes next.

BigChiefTalkingBollocks.com is available - that has a nice American feel to it, should fit in nicely with your plans. :D

Aaaw still upset, tell me who's holding a gun to your head and forcing onto this thread then? You got nothing better to do by any chance?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom