Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Reminder for ukbackorder changes

Reaction score
As of tomorrow (it's been highlighted in the FAQ for a month and on the top of ukbackorder) anyone who wants to take part in an auction for a backordered domain must have placed a backorder on that domain or pay a £5 auction 'entrance' fee, non-refundable win or lose, and for that auction only. This only applies once there is a bid on a domain. If there are no bids you can enter the auction free with your first bid.

Placing backorders is FREE so this fee is easily avoided. Just backorder what you want in advance and don't rely on 'they'll probably auction it if they catch it'. Also this helps other tags who are chasing these domains to determine what is worth their time and quota and thus increases your chances of success.

As this is implemented at 00:01 tomorrow morning you can put your auction bids in today on anything you are interested in and not be subject to any fee.

Note this of course only applies to 'caught' auctions. Public auctions still are, and always will be, free.

Last edited:
Just to clarify - this only applies to domains caught that were backordered by at least one person. If domains are caught by some of our catchers, using this system, but they don't have backorders they are open auctions to everyone.

On another note I have just changed the frontpage to give a timer countdown for the auctions so you don't have to keep refreshing. However as there is not two way interaction with the auctions and the page the 'ending soon' will remain there until refreshed. This won't matter as you have to click through to the auction anyway to place a bid and that is dynamically created from the auction.

I may split the auctions off from ukbackorder to a separate site. I have some domains I bought a while ago for an alert system - Domain Rooster :) Maybe something like that. If anyone has any ideas or domains they think might be suitable send me a PM (with prices). This is only something I'm thinking about so not carved in stone. However it may be time to have a better dynamic auction site.

I've just added a page where you can easily view selected domains for the next 3 days. These are picked from the droplists based on their length and their Moz stats (along with unseen majestic and some other factors). You can also quickly backorder from there.
You can access the page in 'Your Account' and 'Domain Highlights'. It should make looking through lists a little easier :)

I've just added a full referring domains backlink profile for details with stats. It is a downloadable CSV for importing into your favourite spreadsheet/csv reader. This is taken from Majestic and contains only active links. It is also initially sorted into order of importance so you can see quickly at the top of the csv file newspapers, blogs, etc.
You can download this at any auction page with stats (caught only) or via clicking on the DA/PA links on the front page.

Last edited:

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members online

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom