Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Sedo down?

Discussion in 'Sedo' started by sedo, Dec 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. retired_member16

retired_member16 Banned

They probably have tried to talk to Virgin, but what will Virgin care? They will only investigate if enough of their customers complain. No complaints, no problem.

They are trying to collate all the available information and run their own tests to show to Virgin, so they are already doing Virgins job for them.

Mickey Mouse ISP, its to be expected.

2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

IWA Meetup

3. retired_member16

retired_member16 Banned

Correct, and they are loosing revenue because of this problem too so are I guess, as unhappy as you.

However, they are not a customer of Virgins so there is little they can do.

4. guy martin United Kingdom

guy martin Active Member

I'm still waiting for replies from SEDO (started emailing them on Tuesday) and no reply from Virgin after complaining to them(emailed them more than 24 hours ago). I can't believe this problem, having only recently joined SEDO. Why would Virgin want to block SEDO? Virgin's homepage search engine is linked to Google, as I believe are SEDO's parking pages. Maybe Google should bang a few heads together.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2007
  5. Johnp United Kingdom

Johnp Active Member

Dear All

I agree with comments earlier on in this thread that it not Sedo's fault that their sites are not accessible from certain cable customer of Blueyonder/Telewest.

I have suggestion which might prove useful, which is to post in the Cablehell Forium (ex NTLHell) a request to ask some other TeleWest/Blueyonder customers to try and view some of the affected sites.

http://www.cablehell.co.uk

This forum whilst now serving all of Virginmedia's customers including Virgin.net, NTL, TeleWest (Blueyonder) is also regularly viewed by employees of VirginMedia with a desire to help.

I use NTL broadband and had issues with some of my sites what were hosted on Sedo 9 months ago due to 'Proxy' server problems. I was able to confirm problems with my local 'proxy' server.

Similarly if any of you are TeleWest customers, do Sedo a favour a post a report on CableHell, it does get looked at by some of their more technically competent employees.

If it sounds too much trouble, them drop me PM or a note via this forum with some affected domain names I will post a general request for help on Cablehell's forum.

Best Regards

JohnP :)

6. aquanuke

aquanuke Well-Known Member

Just spent 30mins on the phone with Telewest and they said they are definitely not blocking or limiting access to sedo. They say its sedo blocking access.

7. grantw United Kingdom

grantw Well-Known Member

OK, given the state of sedo at the moment what would your guess be??:

A) Major UK ISPs have blocked all their customers from accessing sedos pages

B) Sedo have a network issue somewhere that is preventing a huge number of users from accessing their pages??

??!!!???

Grant

8. aquanuke

Its obvious (to me) that its Sedo who have banned IP's in my range. It happened during the DOS attack the other week. We all know that Telewest has a big problem with script kiddies and Sedo's response is to ban any IP blocks regardless of any customers that may effect.

For me that leaves me no choice but to park elsewhere.

9. Brassneck United Kingdom

Brassneck Well-Known Member

I've noticed that my traffic is still around the same levels but ctr and therefore revenue down about 20% for my UK portfolio. Is it possible Sedo are still recording a view either though the parked pages are properly displaying?

Stephen.

10. guy martin United Kingdom

guy martin Active Member

Aqua, I'm new to this parking game and mine are with SEDO. Got any suggestions as a good alternative. I will probably move mine too. (thought here? If Sedo are slow to respnd to customer complaints, will they respond to a request to delist and remove domains from them?)
    Thanks
    Guy

11. grantw United Kingdom

grantw Well-Known Member

Try Namedrive, top notch customer service, nice landing pages - can't fault them.

A lot of people on here also use streamic, I can't comment as I only used them for a very brief period.

Grant

12. Jeewhizz

Jeewhizz Well-Known Member

A few years back, I had this issue with Blue yonder customers, and the firewalls I was running at a DC.

Basically, RIPE (the EU IP regulator) re-assigned a previously reserved ip range to BY. I believe it was part of the 83.x.x.x range.

However, most firewalls would have this range auto-blocked, because it was reserved, and thus, any traffic purporting to come from this range must've been spoofed/faked.

It's quite possible that any new hardware sedo has put in place since the DoS attacks has old data in regards to reserved networks etc, and this is what's causing the issue.

Still no excuse tho - it doesn't take long to fix!

13. Brassneck United Kingdom

Brassneck Well-Known Member

Anybody got an e-mail address for the Sedo CEO?

Thanks
    Stephen.

14. aquanuke

I dont believe thats the case as my access was blocked following the DOS attack Sedo had. If someone at Sedo flushed their firewall rules Im pretty sure my problems would be resolved. I have sent Sedo my IP.

Guy as Grant said I would recommend namedrive.

15. aquanuke

Just gone round my parents and its blocked there as well. My home ip is 62.xx.xx.xx and parents is 82.xx.xx.xx and also the telewest engineer could not view my domains so I presume the whole Telewest network could be effected.

As for earnings I was approx 50% down before I started moving domains elsewhere.

16. Pred United Kingdom

Pred Well-Known Member

yes, all my pages have been down for days. i'm with tesco ;)
    i'll keep my domains for sale with sedo but enough's enough. i'm not whinging anymore, i'm leaving sedo & going lockstock over to namedrive. have a hundred or two there already
    interestingly my namedrive pages are unaffected
    goodbye sedo parking programme. it was shit anyway :mrgreen:
    Pred

17. iboughta.net

iboughta.net Active Member

As many are talking about leaving Sedo regarding parking...which I tend to agree.
    CTR down, Click at 0.02 Euros for 700 domains...while giving a much higher average few weeks before all those current troubles...
    So, yes crisis at Sedo, I would said. But not convinced my self regarding Name drive for better revenue despite some A MAZING landing pages and fantastic interface with a great customer support (name drive Click: less than 0.01 $ for me :(.

So, my favourite one at the moment (and getting more convinced day after day) is Parked

Very low CTR, but much much higher RTC...so overall...a great company which is not often mentionned on this forum...a shame

18. LoneDomainer

LoneDomainer Active Member

im getting a great EPC from sedo.. one onf my domains is getting 4 euros a click & doing well :)

Love it !

19. grantw United Kingdom

grantw Well-Known Member

You love it even though a large amount of people can't access your parked pages??

Grant

20. LoneDomainer

LoneDomainer Active Member

im not greedy lol + most of the traffic to those domains is from the US so its not really affecting me.. although i do feel for the people with UK traffic

Thats what happens when you have something owned by Virgin lol

21. iboughta.net

iboughta.net Active Member

Also,

Enjoy your 4Euros per click as long as you can..which I suspect will end soon...

When I first used sedo, I had some reasonable 1 to 3 euros per click...which I found motivating to move the rest of my portfolio to them until the RPC start to drop to 0.02 euros and traffic start to give crazy figures....(stats which were not confirmed on other parking program).

Having said that, and for their defence. CTR with Sedo is quite interesting

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.