Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Sedo Parking - Whats the point?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not a case of permission. Just, as far as I know, you can't list new ones with them unless the nameservers are set to sedos. Periodically they do a check and remove domains from your account with different nameservers.

I've got quite a number of domains listed on Sedo, but they're not parked with them, and I've never had any problems/deletions.

I've got quite a number of domains listed on Sedo, but they're not parked with them, and I've never had any problems/deletions.

Same here, I have domains listed on Sedo with various nameservers, they don't force you to park with them, when you list a new domain it says ' park now or go to domain management ' you don't have to park with them.

I have some listed on Sedo which aren't parked there, I sold one last week with a buy it now price, the only difference at buy it now is, if your domain is parked at Sedo with a buy it now price, you pay 10% commission, if you sell a domain at buy it now that isn't parked there, commission is 15%.

Alright because it would seem I'm lying:

'To ensure that you are earning the most with your domains listed with Sedo, we have recently completed a series of domain name server (DNS) tests to detect inactive domains. These checks are designed to identify domains in your account that do not currently benefit from Sedo's marketplace or domain parking.

In our latest DNS test, we noticed there are domains listed in your account with inactive DNS records. Domains with inactive DNS records have a lower chance of a sale and they are unable to profit from domain parking. A common reason for inactive DNS records is the expiration of a domain. If you still own these domains, you can prevent their removal from your account by simply adding name servers. If your registrar does not provide these automatically, or if you wish to benefit from Sedo's domain parking program, you may use Sedo's: [Lots of Domains]'

All removed from Sedo

But... hey... you're ok. BTW i have over 6000 domains and this was the last batch of 200 so I guess take your chances.

Rob that does not say you must use Sedo's nameservers or that you must park with them it is simply stating that I can not read any DNS info regarding a particular domain, this refers more to the likes of A records.

It is saying that its system thinks your domain is expired, maybe in redemption so asking you to create namesevers ( any ) not just Sedo.

If you read it again it says ' you can benefit from Sedo parking ' not you have to.

It is suggesting that you set some nameservers while suggesting that you use theirs.

Try it....

*all* domains (and I'm talking several hundred) were pointing at my own functioning server but listed on Sedo's marketplace. But, hey, if I can do both tell me how - would be great to capitalise on both.

Last edited:
I'm confused now Rob, I have like 50 page + websites which are up and running with no Sedo nameservers and pointed at my hosts servers but they are still listed on Sedo no problem and have been for a while.

I'm not saying you're making stuff up but I think Sedo needs to come speak on here and clarify things :confused:

I doubt sedo will. You are not violating terms of service. Just don't be surprised if you get a very polite email from them removing your listed domains unless they point to ns1 and ns2 sedo. From what I understand they don't get paid (by google) unless they themselves can prove traffic. Rather than take the time to ascertain what is a site (but sold by sedo) and an exisiting site they simply remove those not parked there. I've been with them for many years - I know what they can do. I used to flick every alternate visitor between them, namedrive, and my own sites. Both them and namedrive stopped URL redirection for that reason....

I've received that message several times and the only domains that have been deleted are ones which are no longer registered. Only a very few of my names are parked at Sedo, but they are all still in my account.

Stephen.

But why would you get better response from a sedo parking page? I am missing something obvious here but no idea what it is.

My thoughts are

a, other investors/domainers/website developers using bulk whois searches will know domain is for sale because of the Sedo nameservers. These persons might assume domains hosted on any other domain servers is in use and may not be for sale.

Advantages for some buyers

b, Anonymity during offer/counter offer process.

c, Reputation/Security:- you can see when the domain seller opened their account, and if they've bought/sold any domains recently. if you decide to make an offer you know it will be taken fairly seriously because of the contract / agreement processes, likewise if an agreement is reached there is a structured process to follow for successful sale.

The domain is on Sedo but contains a microsite so it ranks for its keywords. Why would you get a better response from a sedo parking page that receiven no outside traffic whatsoever? Any ideas?

Parking isn't about collecting traffic from serps, it is about pure type in traffic!

I am no great fan of Sedo parking but it still works and returns revenue if the name has type-in traffic or extensive active back link traffic .. to get paid for clicks
you have to set the domain to Sedo dns otherwise you get paid nothing ...

@ Kate .. your name medinet.co.uk is listed for sale at Sedo ..

Your domain name has a for sale page if you click
"The domain medinet.co.uk may be for sale by its owner!"

that will give you the for sale page .. you could place a link from your site or any of your sites to the Sedo for sale page by passing the Sedo PPC page .. for this you dont need to use Sedo DNS .. otherwise just put a for sale sign on your sites and handle any enquiry yourself ..

@ Rob .. you will get that Sedo notification if the domains dont resolve to a DNS or they are expired .. to list a name for sale at Sedo it is not compulsory to use Sedo DNS or Sedo parking ...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom