Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Sedo Auction seoexperts.co.uk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
seoexperts.co.uk is currently in Sedo auction.
Reserve met so will sell. Ends tomorrow

Dave, I won this one - payment been sent through paypal but will take 1-2 days.

Now, do I develop (my experience is in SEO), or flip?!!

Should have bought it direct from Dave on here without Sedo, win-win :)

If you were going to flip it to anyone I imagine the only person interested would be dashu1 who has the .org.uk... although my guess would be he's not interested (probably saw the auction and didn't bother to outbid you).

Should have bought it direct from Dave on here without Sedo, win-win :)

Not quite, I wanted more for outright sale, I was hoping for more as I'd had interest in it before so took the gamble it would go higher in the auction. Some you win, this one I didn't which was a surprise, but that's the gamble with auctions.

I think you got it for a good price, but doubt you'll flip for more just yet in a "Sedo" auction :)

Very true - I didnt realise he had it until the auction was advertised on here.

I did buy the name with a view of developing it myself (recently quit my job as an SEO consultant). However, the more I think about it, the more I'm not sure I want to get back into developing client relationships....

Not quite, I wanted more for outright sale, I was hoping for more as I'd had interest in it before so took the gamble it would go higher in the auction. Some you win, this one I didn't which was a surprise, but that's the gamble with auctions.

Fair enough in that case :) although it may have sold for less than anticipated, I don't think it was too bad a deal for either side.

I did buy the name with a view of developing it myself (recently quit my job as an SEO consultant). However, the more I think about it, the more I'm not sure I want to get back into developing client relationships....

Could always get it ranking for some nice terms to either generate leads and sell them, or alternatively sell the domain as a 'business in a box'?

Fair enough in that case :) although it may have sold for less than anticipated, I don't think it was too bad a deal for either side.

Could always get it ranking for some nice terms to either generate leads and sell them, or alternatively sell the domain as a 'business in a box'?

Thanks for the advice. I thought about getting business on board then selling but was thinking that clients may not want to switch over to new owners.

"Could always get it ranking for some nice terms"

Im not sure how easy it will be to get ranking in the SEO field. I would imagine it must be one of the tougher markets to crack.

I would suggest asking an seo expert about how to rank.... ;)

I would suggest asking an seo expert about how to rank.... ;)

Ive never tried ranking a site for SEO related keyphrases and to be honest haven't researched it. I've done alright in betting though and can't see it being much tougher than that. I'll let you know how I get on if I do develop!!!

I would say its one of the hardest niches to rank for considering that the people try to rank for it are seo experts.

It will be very difficult without a generic domain, plenty of knowledge and deep pockets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members online

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom