Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

September .uk drop discussion

Just received from Nominet, I would like to reply with the full list of names, can anyone help me compile the list of names in question?

Nominet must have footprint of all domains, they should no which domains were renewed and moved to new registrant, this should be within their data. You can only provide information on the ones you know about which cannot be the full list.

Nominet needs to be better than this.

I just spoke to someone at Nominet on the phone

They told me they will take back domains transferred to different tags as soon as today

Worryingly when pressed on what will happen with the registrars involved he used the word "intent" a couple of times. You can sign a contract with t&c and still claim you didn't know and that seems fine with them somehow

They said they had no evidence this had happened before until recently

They will be working to ensure this doesn't happen again and might release a statement regarding that but no statement was likely on punishments fore registrars involved that will be handled internally

I just spoke to someone at Nominet on the phone

They told me they will take back domains transferred to different tags as soon as today

Worryingly when pressed on what will happen with the registrars involved he used the word "intent" a couple of times. You can sign a contract with t&c and still claim you didn't know and that seems fine with them somehow

They said they had no evidence this had happened before until recently

They will be working to ensure this doesn't happen again and might release a statement regarding that but no statement was likely on punishments fore registrars involved that will be handled internally

Is there a list of the registrars they were transfered too ? I guess difficult if any of them allow outside registrations and aren't a self managed. Although realistically , you cant ban a TAG that already holds domains legitimately bought before all this.

Although realistically , you cant ban a TAG that already holds domains legitimately bought before all this.

If they feel you've broken the t&c I think they can terminate you contract as a registrar or take any actions under sanctions in the registrar agreement they feel are appropriate

They haven't reversed all of them as yummy.uk is still showing as renewed?

Looks like Trident, tct and trm dropped yesterday, now caught.

Were they dropped my Nominet or the person looking to move them delete them or FastHost delete them..

I was told domains renewed on fasthosts and left with them were reversed by fasthosts on Wednesday

I'm guessing they dropped legitimately, if you caught one it's probably best to second check with Nominet

Were they dropped my Nominet or the person looking to move them delete them or FastHost delete them..

trident.uk,Y,N,2020-09-16,2021-09-16,MELITAWEB 2020-09-16 13:31:58 . 5568
trm.uk,Y,N,2020-09-16,2021-09-16,DROPPED-UK 2020-09-16 14:21:02 . 5665
tct.uk,Y,N,2020-09-16,2021-09-16,BHAYDOM 2020-09-16 23:09:21 . 0897

I was told domains renewed on fasthosts and left with them were reversed by fasthosts on Wednesday

I'm guessing they dropped legitimately, if you caught one it's probably best to second check with Nominet

Some of them went into suspended state. Those dropped. The ones in 'renewal required' didn't. Some added a year onto their registration so I assume these won't drop for at least another year. Who knows...certainly not nominet it seems. There were others. vortex, plumb etc.

I've got the list running on my platform to catch and I did see the ones that have been caught. :rolleyes:

Some of them went into suspended state. Those dropped. The ones in 'renewal required' didn't. Some added a year onto their registration so I assume these won't drop for at least another year. Who knows...certainly not nominet it seems.

Thanks, yeah I just looked at domains still at fasthosts and they haven't had their renewals reversed so god knows, Nominet aren't giving out the most accurate information

TheRegister stated "charlie.uk, which was assigned to Leon Hughes, who owns charlie.co.uk, was ultimately transferred to Susannah Clark. Hughes said he did not authorize the sale."

Any response to that? @Siusaidh

My transactions in the case of the one domain are quite rightly confidential to the people involved, but (a) there is zero theft, and Fasthosts and Nominet are both party to the destination of the domain, with everything bound over by the agreement of the .co.uk holder

She'll fit right in at Nominet if elected, they won't even have to train this one.

Nominet's official stance

'As we understand it, an error in Fasthosts’ automated systems led to a small number of domains at the very end of the expiry period being renewed without the registrant's consent and the admin contacts changed.'

Damn those technical errors! I mean it's not like they run a public facing registrar that would have already checked such a thing being that is probably one of the most basic ways to try and commit fraud.... oh.... wait. Lucky this error (which obviously had no human intervention) was never exploited on dropping domains in the past decade but thankfully now it's been brought to their attention.

Last edited:
Fasthosts domains that were renewed and had a tag change have now had the tag change reversed, they're back with LIVEDOMAINS.

*All of them*.

EDIT: Except pcc.uk.

Last edited:
Confirmed:

masks.uk

Data validation:
Nominet was able to match the registrant's name and address against a 3rd party data source on 14-Sep-2020

Registrar:
Fasthosts Internet Ltd [Tag = LIVEDOMAINS]
URL: http://www.fasthosts.co.uk

Relevant dates:
Registered on: 11-Jun-2019
Expiry date: 11-Jun-2020
Last updated: 17-Sep-2020

Registration status:
Renewal required.

Maybe people were too quick to pass judgement on this one or maybe they haven't changed it yet? I am still giving her the benefit, as her past behaviour deserves this.

Domain name:
charlie.uk

Registrant:
Susannah Clark

Registrant type:
UK Individual

Data validation:
Nominet was able to match the registrant's name and address against a 3rd party data source on 28-Sep-2019

Registrar:
Fasthosts Internet Ltd [Tag = LIVEDOMAINS]
URL: http://www.fasthosts.co.uk

Relevant dates:
Registered on: 10-Jun-2019
Expiry date: 10-Jun-2021
Last updated: 17-Sep-2020

Registration status:
Registered until expiry date.

Name servers:
No name servers listed.

WHOIS lookup made at 17:43:21 17-Sep-2020

Last edited:

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom