Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Ukdomains.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
OK silly me I tried these yokels, 4 days and still no domain up.

What's the story ?

same here. No reply. I bought just one domain, but i've emailed them, rung them and nothing.

ukdomains

So when you buy a domain without hosting you get "free parking" duh !

This is their idea of free parking. quote,

"Domain parking is a term that simply means that the domain is registered
but not in active use, to ask the question where is it parked is not
really relevant, as the domain registration simply exists at this point
but is not in use to operate any kind of service"

and if you want to "use" the domain, forward it, change the dns, correct the whois, you just have to write and "ask" ..pretty please.

silly me.

texidriver said:
and if you want to "use" the domain, forward it, change the dns, correct the whois, you just have to write and "ask" ..pretty please.

Did you get any login details, i still havent got any. Very poor service indeed.

ukdomains

ratboy said:
Did you get any login details, i still havent got any. Very poor service indeed.

"Login details are only available for domains with some sort of service
running, for domains that are registered but not in active use "parked"
there are no settings to control and therefor no login details."

"You don't actually have one. I have traced your order and can see
that you ordered domain name registration only (Free Parked domain).
The domain name has been registered for you. At present control panels
are not supplied for "domain name registration only" orders - only for
E-mail or hosting accounts

Last edited:
NO NO NO NO NO NO NO

As they say, you get what you pay for.

Rubbish company, awful service, laughable product.

As they say you get what you pay for... I have never had a problem with the company I use (ukreg) and I've only heard good things about 123reg so why change for the sake of under a quid per domain?

If that is the kind of judgement call in terms of money that you are making on a domain then I don't think it's worth registering. Good domains should get traffic enough to cover reg fees and 70p/80p per year shouldn't make a difference.

I'd be the first to say that I'm also pulled in by low prices but having been burnt before I now look at who backs the company as these people tend to be there one minute and gone the next.

lol.

I wouldn't worry too much threads like this about companies normally spread like wild fire over the net. This is the kind of negative publicity that money can't (and wouldn't want) to buy!

I can't imagine who would think that selling domains at this price without any access to some kind of control panel would be a good (and profitable) idea. Surely, you are going to field shed loads of support calls and e-mails from people wanting you to do this and that with their domain. This unseen cost would surely outweigh the cost of getting a decent control panel set up?

lesurf said:
As they say you get what you pay for... I have never had a problem with the company I use (ukreg) and I've only heard good things about 123reg so why change for the sake of under a quid per domain?

If that is the kind of judgement call in terms of money that you are making on a domain then I don't think it's worth registering. Good domains should get traffic enough to cover reg fees and 70p/80p per year shouldn't make a difference.

I'd be the first to say that I'm also pulled in by low prices but having been burnt before I now look at who backs the company as these people tend to be there one minute and gone the next.

I have half a dozen domains through 123-REG, do you not find their website paintfully slow, poorly designed and a pain in the arse to use?

Give me Simply.com everytime.

Not used 123 reg, I was just going on what other people say on this forum.

I know ukreg who I use are a tiny bit more expensive per domain than 123reg but I've always found their control panel to be fine and when I have e-mailed them support questions or requests, as long as I have given my a/c no and pin etc they have rectified things quickly.

Simply have been around a long time and I know when worked at an ISP we hardly ever had people moving from them to us so I guess they are a good bet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members online

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom