Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Username change

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh well - there goes the neighbourhood :p You not posting as mcrick then?

I only have this account, which was never deactivated. As per the avatar, I just refrained from logging in. You're not going back to @RobM?

I only have this account, which was never deactivated. As per the avatar, I just refrained from logging in. You're not going back to @RobM?

So you weren't mcrick? Hmmm interesting reading the past posts where it seems it was you. Anyway I guess if you're going to be around I'll have to put you on ignore. You're not a very nice person. Not a good start for you to plague Helmut with his new acquisition.

Last edited:
We might as well bring back Mark Norville, MXN and Monkey it would be a much more lively forum

Do you know any of them? If they have not exhibited excessive aggressive behavior or been involved in scams against other users (need to check the reasons of the placed bans), I will gladly reinstate them! The more, the merrier!

You're a nice man Helmut. However you'll kill your forum very quickly - I suggest you read back through their posts. Some are transphobic, misogynistic, racist, and just constantly abusive. They were banned for a reason and David Thornton has been banned god knows how many times under different usernames.

So you weren't mcrick? Hmmm interesting reading the past posts where it seems it was you. Anyway I guess if you're going to be around I'll have to put you on ignore. You're a vile weedy little man and a disgusting human being. Not a good start for you to plague Helmut with his new acquisition.

thank you for the warning.. some cases will be tricky.

---

Guys! The main mission for all of us - keep this place safe and friendly :) .. and, busy with lots of great sales threads, of course!

best all!!

You're a nice man Helmut. However you'll kill your forum very quickly - I suggest you read back through their posts. Some are transphobic, misogynistic, racist, and just constantly abusive. They were banned for a reason and David Thornton has been banned god knows how many times under different usernames.

Thank you Sigh,

Yes, life has thought me that there are toxic people who (if allowed) will destroy communities that let them in.

Every decision like this will be reconsidered carefully.

Best wishes!
H

bill-hader-eating-popcorn.gif

So you weren't mcrick?

I don't know anything about it, Robert.

David Thornton has been banned god knows how many times under different usernames.

Robert, I don't know anything about different usernames. You simply must be mistaking me for others who are not me. As per the text on my avatar I stepped away from here for some time. I was able to login to this account and post right away. @Helmuts will be able to clarify if he changed any permissions on my account, which to my knowledge he has not. If I had been banned it would surely be the case that I would not have been able to login and post.

sigh said:
I'll have to put you on ignore

Please do.

https://www.acorndomains.co.uk/threads/so-any-ideas.170465/page-4#post-641826

Oh well, be grateful we had two quiet years. Now there's a bad smell coming from the drains again.

https://www.acorndomains.co.uk/threads/so-any-ideas.170465/page-4#post-641826

Oh well, be grateful we had two quiet years. Now there's a bad smell coming from the drains again.

I don't know anything about the content reachable from the link you've posted above which appears to reference my name. I was never made aware of the references either by Nominet, when I was a director there, or by messages sent from this forum. I added the "self retired" text to my forum avatar and grey-scaled the image before uploading it when I stepped away from this forum. @Helmuts, if he wishes, may inform us if he did anything to make this account function before I logged in for the first time in many years (probably more than five years), this past Friday, but to my knowledge he did not. I logged in and posted without difficulty so appear not to have been banned.

Sam Charles, previously known as @wizard, is now @Sam + has joined the awesome Acorn moderator team :)

Congratulations Sam!
Helmuts

@Sam it seems quite reasonable for you to have changed your username to one that actually refers to your real name. I am wondering about doing the same. @Helmuts what do you think about some form of validation here and encouraging users to inform others about who they really are? @Pedigree and @gimpydog what do you both think about posting you real names here?

@Sam it seems quite reasonable for you to have changed your username to one that actually refers to your real name. I am wondering about doing the same. @Helmuts what do you think about some form of validation here and encouraging users to inform others about who they really are? @Pedigree and @gimpydog what do you both think about posting you real names here?

Yes, David, user verification is a very very good idea. Though, for it to be done properly - it has to be done with certain procedures and checks.

.. I think Alibaba were one of the 1st ones that introduced the idea of the "Verified users".. and their price tag for this badge was $10k, if I'm not wrong :)

.. yes, I have thought about this.

about your username: which one would you prefer? .. invincible is a nice one, of course!

Have I started a trend? That would be a first! :cool:

Happy for ahelmuts to change my username, but I don't think the forum will allow me to use my first name as it is only two letters (DJ), don't really want to put my full name though.

@Helmuts is it possible to change to DJ or do you require 3 letters minimum?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom