Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Website review please

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course I know that.

But does everyone else? I highly doubt it.

The domain name will give me an idea of what to expect if I click from the SERPs. But the design, content and everything else about it doesn't confirm or give me a further idea of what this site is offering. There is a disconnect.

Why is there not a big message telling me what the site is, who they are, what is on offer (benefits) and what I should do next.

Some good points, I think I was concentrating on getting the content above the fold, neglecting the USP and reasons why people should use the site.

But as an example e.g:

Lease an Environmentally Friendly Car

Compare deals on eco, hybrid and electric cars with GreenCarLeasing.co.uk and:

• Pay less Road Tax
  • Reduce greenhouse gas emissions
  • Lower your monthly fuel bill

Yes good points.

I quite like it, nice clean and simple to use.

I would like to see car manufacturer's/models to choose from.
Phone number on the homepage "call now for a quote" type of thing opposite the logo maybe.
I like the logo but its a bit small?

Thanks for your comments.

Some good points, I think I was concentrating on getting the content above the fold, neglecting the USP and reasons why people should use the site.

Yes good points.

I think the layout works to be honest. I didn't even notice the intro text I immediately saw the cars and the pricing which is ultimately all I'd care about if I arrived at the site via Google. I hate sales blurb, just show the cars and offer a prominent filter based on make/model/price etc - giving people what you think they want as the most prominent element on the page is more important than sales spiel and trying to intricately describe what your site is offering.

Surely if you're visiting this site from the SERPs you're searching for something specific e.g. green car lease, hybrid car lease, electric car lease etc? If you land on the site, you can clearly see it matches what you searched for and offers you exactly what you're looking for. It's an SEO play, it's not trying to win over customers who have no idea about green cars or leasing in general...

If it's a purely an SEO play then fair enough. But then why ask for a review? :D

If it's a purely an SEO play then fair enough. But then why ask for a review? :D

Well, I assume it's an SEO play given how it's setup and his plan to dev out his other EMD's. I don't see why an SEO play doesn't need to be reviewed though? Getting a good end-product is as important in and SEO play as it is with a long-term brand launch.

Well, I assume it's an SEO play given how it's setup and his plan to dev out his other EMD's. I don't see why an SEO play doesn't need to be reviewed though? Getting a good end-product is as important in and SEO play as it is with a long-term brand launch.

Redemption is quite right in most of, not all of his presumptions and comments .

Yes it is an SEO play of sorts, its a set up and go type site, It is not my passion or purpose, its to make money on the side, it's pretty good comission for a completed sale.

I still want it to be usable, appealing, trustworthy looking site though, obviously to increase sales, which is why I asked for a review.

It's not meant to be the height of design, (I doubt most of the people who would use the site will give 2 hoots about design) nor the latest thing in conceptual marketing. it's meant to clearly show the latest green car lease deals, which I think it does, but it can be improved.

Alot of the comments will be useful in helping me to achieve this.

PanzerWagon is correct imo - the design is crap. Sorry, but there is no way around that really. If its an seo play alone then fair enough. But there is no point in reviewing a design that took someone an hour as an seo spammy play....

I really like the site and the design, it's clean, easy to read and navigate, not sure why people are saying the design is bad, I'd be more than happy with a site looking like that, it clearly gives what the searcher is looking for.

Those who don't like the design, please show an example of what you would class as a design you like.

I really like the site and the design, it's clean, easy to read and navigate, not sure why people are saying the design is bad, I'd be more than happy with a site looking like that, it clearly gives what the searcher is looking for.

Those who don't like the design, please show an example of what you would class as a design you like.

Thanks.

As I said its not meant to win any design awards but I find the 'The design is crap' comments are a bit harsh, almost with some sort of ulterior motive?

These comments are not from members who's opinion s I have any respect for so I am not really bothered.

You're failing miserably on those points. If you have any real aims to turn this into a real business, then hire a real designer.

If you read the whole post "It is not my passion or purpose, its to make money on the side, it's pretty good commission for a completed sale.", and not just cherry picked lines that suited your point of view you comments might be more worthwhile

I have already made 1 sale at double figure commission rate, so at least for 1 one person the design wasn't crap enough to put them off.:D

Last edited:
I like it, it does what it says on the tin and presents the cars well. If I was looking for a green car lease, I would probably complete the lead form.

I would probably also use comparison sites though, I'm not convinced that referring leads to a single provider is the best business model in a competitive market.

You could easily update the brand if you wanted - but don't forget confused.com scaled up with a stickman logo and never worrying much about having a 'pretty' design. They focused on providing what the customer wanted.

I have a car lease domain and my concept for it is pretty similar, although probably looking at more choice of cars with dropdown menus at the top to select them. Obviously green cars is quite a small niche at the moment, could be a good time to get into it though as it can only grow.

Last edited:
Haven't read the entire thread so apologies if the following have been mentioned.

"PRICE MATCH! - greencarleasing.co.uk aims to match any like-for-like green car lease quote." That needs to be more prominent and I'd repeat it on every page.

Contact page needs improved to increase credibility and trust - I expected to see picture of office, address, phone number as well as email and call back.

The affiliate banner adds absolutely nothing to a site like this and devalues it.

Based on responses I have read, I think asking for a review on any forum where everyone works with domains or websites daily is a terrible idea and not something I'd recommend.

Just too many opinions from non target market that won't lead to a better site. If this is an SEO play I'd just use this site as a playground to see what works and what doesn't then build something better off the back of it.

Thanks for all the contructive opinions, its good to see a review thread create so much activity.

If nothing else it highlights the fact that design is subjective, affiliate banners cheapen sites and you cant please everone.

Not read everyone else's but on iphone I got an error at top and images overlapped buttons. Also all colour and images at bottom. Top looked bland/grey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members online

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction

Latest Comments

Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom